Strongly not recommended
Would you recommend Azimo to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Azimo is a London-based financial services business specializing in international money transfers involving currency conversion. The company operates in over 190 countries while supporting more than 80 currencies. Unfortunately, sending money from the U.S. is not currently an option.
What Are Azimo’s Transfer Fees?
Transfer fees vary based on the currencies involved and the delivery method.
- For basic transfers to a bank account, Azimo charges a lower fee. For example, sending money from Great Britain to France incurs a fee of £1 while sending money from Spain to the U.S. has a fee of €2.99.
- For transfers through SWIFT, a premium financial messaging network, fees are higher. For example, sending money from Great Britain to France has a fee of £12 while sending money from Spain to the U.S. has a fee of €12.
How Fast Are Azimo's Transfers?
Delivery speed varies based on the delivery method chosen as well as the currencies and countries involved.
- Regular bank account transfers are often completed within one to three working days.
- SWIFT transfers generally have a delivery time of twenty-four hours or less, which allows for either same-day or next-day availability.
Launched in 2010, Azimo was co-founded by a financial services guru named Michael Kent and a social media whiz named Marta Krupinska. The company has its headquarters in London with 20,000 banks and 270,000 cash pick-up locations spread throughout the world. Azimo is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority and registered with HM Revenue and Customs in addition to being a member of both the United Kingdom Money Transfer Association and the International Association of Money Transfer Networks.
Who Can Benefit From Azimo?
Committed to making the money transfer process easier, safer and more affordable, Azimo is for individuals who aren’t satisfied by the transfer fees and restrictions normally associated with international transactions. Currently, individuals can send money from the UK, Ireland, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Switzerland. Unfortunately, this means Azimo is not useful for individuals trying to send money from the U.S.
What Are The Advantages and Disadvantages Of Azimo?
This is what we love about Azimo:
- The basic transfer rates are competitive.
- SWIFT transfers have a twenty-four hour delivery time.
- There are cash pick-up locations spread throughout the world.
- You can complete your transfer online.
- There’s a 100% money back guarantee.
- Customer support comes in eight languages.
What We do not Like About Azimo:
- You can’t send money from the U.S. or from many other parts of the world.