LightStream is the personal loan division of SuntTrust Bank, a Fortune 500 company with over $175 billion in assets. LightStream offers unsecured loans with rates as low as 2.19% APR (with AutoPay on a new auto). SunTrust Bank has an A+ rating with the BBB and an EE (stable) rating with Standard & Poors.
How Does LightStream Work?
LightStream's unsecured loans provide customers with good-to-excellent credit with a fast and straightforward source of credit with fixed competitive rates and flexible terms. There are no fees, charges or prepayment penalties. The entire application is done online and can be completed within the same day, as long as all conditions are met.
Although LighStream loans can be used for most things, borrowers do have to specify the reason as interest rates do vary depending on the purpose of the loan. Loan purposes include car loans, home improvement, boat loans, horse loans, aircraft financing, debt consolidation and almost anything else.
What Are LightStream's Interest Rates?
Interest rates range from 2.19% to 17.49% APR with AutoPay depending on the loan amount, term, credit rating and purpose of the loan. For instance, a loan for a new vehicle of $25,000 or more with a loan term of 24 to 60 months will have interest rates as low as 2.19% APR. Personal loans for purposes other than an auto purchase will have interest rates ranging from 2.99% to 17.49% APR with AutoPay.
Rates are 0.50% higher for borrowers who don't opt for autopay.
How Much Money Can I Borrow from LightStream?
LightStream loan amounts range from $5,000 to $100,000. A 60-month loan of $100,000 with a 9.99% APR would have monthly payments of $2,124 while the same loan with a 1.99% APR would be $1,752 a month.
What Is LightStream's Application Process Like?
LightStream's application process is fast and easy to complete. To qualify you need good credit and sufficient income and assets to cover your existing debt and requested loan amount. The application takes only a few minutes to fill in, and the information is confirmed electronically, so there's no paperwork to mail or fax.
How Is LightStream Better than Other Lenders?
- LightStream allows borrowers with strong credit to borrow funds for purchases that usually require collateral, such as a vehicle or boat.
- Its interest rates are competitive even when compared with traditional secured bank loans.
- The application process is fast and paperless, and borrowers can often receive approval and their funds within the same day.
- Borrowers can fund their loan within the same day if it is a banking business day, the application is approved, and they complete the following steps by 2:30 p.m. Eastern time: (1) review and electronically sign your loan agreement; (2) provide your funding preferences and relevant banking information, and (3) complete the final verification process.
* Your APR may differ based on loan purpose, amount, term, and your credit profile. Rate is quoted with AutoPay discount, which is only available when you select AutoPay prior to loan funding. Rates under the invoicing option are 0.50% higher. Subject to credit approval. Conditions and limitations apply. Advertised rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Payment example: Monthly payments for a $10,000 loan at 5.49% APR with a term of 3 years would result in 36 monthly payments of $301.91.