Would you recommend Assurant to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Assurant Renters Insurance Overview
Assurant was launched in 1892 under the name LaCrosse Mutual Aid Association, which first sold disability insurance. Today, the company offers a wide-variety of products including renters and homeowners insurance as well as lifestyle protection plans that cover specific belongings like mobile devices, electronics, jewelry and automobiles. Assurant even offers pre-funded funeral insurance. The company had a billion-dollar initial public offering, which took place in 2004. Now, Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and is headquartered in New York.
What Are Assurant Renters Insurance’s Ratings?
Assurant has been given fairly high financial-strength ratings. The company’s subsidiaries have been awarded with A- ratings from A.M. Best. Assurant, Inc. has received a Baa2 rating from Moody’s and a BBB+ rating from Standard and Poor’s. Additionally, the company has been given an A+ from the BBB.
What Coverage Does Assurant Renters Insurance Offer?
Assurant offers basic renters insurance plus a few optional endorsements to meet your specific needs. Plans can include the following types of coverage:
- Personal property coverage for belongings damaged by perils including theft, vandalism, fire, hail or accidental overflow of water.
- Personal liability coverage in the case you are legally liable to others for bodily injury or property damage caused by fire, smoke, explosion or water damage.
- Optional endorsements including pet damage, earthquake protection and identity fraud expense.
How Does Assurant Compare with Other Renters Insurance Companies?
With Assurant, there are no credit checks and you get an instant quote. All plans are customizable so you can find a budget-friendly option that meets your particular needs. The company also offers convenient payment plans and prompt claim services. Assurant renters insurance policies don’t cover additional living expenses, but the company’s optional identity fraud coverage, which enables reimbursements up $15,000, is a very nice feature to have.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Earthquake Coverage
- Identity Theft Protection
- Sewage and Drain Backup Coverage
- Valuable Items
- Guest Medical Protection
- Personal Property Protection
- Reimbursed Living Expenses
- Renters Liability Coverage