Cozy Insurance Overview
Cozy is offers comprehensive services for landlords and renters. These services include renters insurance. Cozy was founded March 2012 in San Francisco, and now has its headquarters in Portland, Oregon. It is available in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico and has properties in thousands of cities around the country.
What Are Cozy’s Ratings for Renters Insurance?
Cozy uses Assurant as its renter’s insurance provider.
Assurant's financial strength ratings are:
- A. M. Best: A or A- (excellent): These ratings are assigned to companies that A. M. Best feels have an excellent ability to meet their ongoing obligations to policyholders. These are the second highest of ten rating categories.
- S&P: A(strong): An insurer rated A has strong financial security characteristics. This is the third highest of nine rating categories. Relative standings within each broad category are identified by +/-.
- Moody's: A2 or A3: Insurance companies rated A offer good financial security. This is the third highest of nine rating categories. Numeric modifiers are used to show relative standings within each broad category, with one being the highest and three being the lowest.
What Coverage Does Cozy Insurance Offer?
Cozy offers renters the following coverage through Assurant:
- Liability Coverage
Reimburses landlords $100,000 for tenant-caused damage to property.
- Personal Property Coverage
Covers up to $15,000 in replacement costs for tenants’ lost, damaged, or stolen belongings.
- Affordable Rates and Deductibles
Tenants can buy policies for an average of $20 a month, and the deductible is $250.
How Does Cozy Compare with Other Renters Insurance Companies?
- Cozy simplifies the renting process for both landlords and tenants. Rent insurance is just one of the services it offers.
- Inexpensive rates. Tenants can buy renters insurance policies for an average of $20 a month. The deductible is $250.
- Assurant is a large insurance company with high ratings from AM Best, S&P, and Moody’s.
3514 N. Vancouver Ave. 4th Floor
Portland, OR 97227 USA
- Visit Site
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Home and Renters Insurance Riders||
|Financial Strength Rating||
|Personal Property Protection|
|Reimbursed Living Expenses|
|Home and Renters Insurance||