Headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois, State Farm is a Fortune 500 company that offers banking products, mutual funds and a variety of insurances including life, health, casualty and property. The company started out in 1922 when G.J. Mecherle sold his first auto policy. Today, the company manages over 84 million policies and accounts while having over $138 billion in assets.
State Farm is a highly-rated business. The company has received an A++ from A.M. Best, an Aa1 from Moody’s, an AA from Standard & Poor’s and a B from the BBB.
State Farm renters insurance policies can include the following types of coverage:
- Personal property including items like computers, electronics, furnitures, bikes, etc.
- Damage from acts of theft or vandalism.
- Damage from weather including fire, storms, wind, hail and lightning.
- Loss of use compensation when your home is uninhabitable and you subsequently incur additional living expenses.
- Personal liability and medical payments, which are applicable when you're legally liable for property damage or bodily injury that resulted from a covered type of accident.
- Identity restoration, which is available for an additional premium.
Offering plans nationwide, State Farm provides quotes online and in person at agent locations. The company has been in business for nearly one hundred years and is one of the top insurers in the U.S. Customers can customize their renters insurance policies and can make claim-related contact with State Farm twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.