AIG (American International Group) is an American insurance and finance corporation with roots dating back to 1919. It has expanded far beyond the U.S., currently operating in over 80 countries worldwide. AIG provides insurance products including general property, general casualty, life insurance, retirement services, and financial services. In this in-depth review, we are going to take a closer look at AIG’s auto insurance offering, or rather, the lack of it.
Compare Auto Insurance Providers
Compare multiple vetted providers. Discover your best option.
Does AIG offer auto insurance?
First, the big question is does AIG have auto insurance. The offerings can be a bit confusing when you look at the website so let’s clear it up. AIG does have a few auto insurance offerings but no longer provides the regular insurance coverage that the majority of the U.S. population needs.
AIG sold its personal auto insurance business
In 2009, AIG sold 21st Century Insurance Group
to Farmers Group Inc.
Prior to the sale, 21st Century Insurance Group was a wholly-owned subsidiary of AIG and the company’s personal auto insurance business. At the time, it was the third-largest traditional direct writer of insurance in the nation. Since the sale, AIG has not provided stand-alone auto insurance directly to consumers.
Browse auto insurance companies
that can provide you with coverage today.
What does AIG offer in terms of auto insurance?
AIG does offer homeowners bundle policies which include auto insurance. Additionally, the AIG Private Client Group offers high-value auto insurance which can cover multiple expensive and unusual vehicles (e.g. golf carts, antique cars, luxury vehicles, etc.)
Let’s take a closer look at these offerings.
AIG auto and home insurance bundle policies
First, AIG’s member companies offer home and auto insurance as a bundled package.
The key features include:
- A multi-policy discount.
- 24/7 customer service.
- New vehicle replacement.
- High liability limits on auto insurance.
- 100% extended rebuilding coverage for homes.
If interested, you can call into the AIG office and speak with a representative to find out if a bundled policy is available in your area. Plus, find out what it will cost you.
AIG high-value auto insurance
Next, the key features of AIGs high-value car insurance include the following:
- Coverage for personal property in the vehicle in the event it is stolen or damaged.
- Emergency living expenses coverage.
- Coverage for the cost of caring for a pet that was hurt in an accident.
- Coverage worldwide.
- $1 million liability claim limit.
- $100 million umbrella liability claim limit.
- Agreed-value on vehicles. This means you and AIG determine the value at the outset of the policy. If you get in an accident, you get the agreed-upon value regardless of depreciation.
- New vehicle replacement option. If your new car is totaled within three years, you can choose from three settlement options. Receive a new vehicle of the same make and model, get the agreed-upon value, or get a vehicle of the same year, make, and model as the original.
- And more.
Note, this policy is designed for people with multiple high-end vehicles such as Bentleys, Maseratis, Ferraris, etc.
What does AIG insurance stand for?
AIG stands for the American International Group.
What are AIG’s main offerings?
If you can’t get regular auto insurance through AIG, what can you get? Well, the company offers:
- Mutual funds.
- Structured settlements.
- Various types of life insurance.
- Travel insurance.
Further, AIG offers private client group products for individuals with expensive assets which include:
- Excess liability protection against property damage or personal injury claims.
- Private collections insurance.
- Homeowners insurance for high-end properties.
- Yacht insurance.
Would you like to learn more about AIG’s offerings or get a complimentary review of your insurance? You can give the company a call at the AIG insurance contact number: 1-844-447-5296. But what if you need regular auto insurance?
Where can you find personal auto insurance?
If you are looking for an auto insurance policy, don’t worry. There is no shortage of companies anxious to earn your business. Head over to SuperMoney’s Auto Insurance Review Page to compare leading insurers side-by-side.
You’ll be able to see customer ratings and the financial strength rating for each company. Further, easily navigate to the insurance company’s website if you want to learn more or get a quote.
Jessica Walrack is a personal finance writer at SuperMoney, The Simple Dollar, Interest.com, Commonbond, Bankrate, NextAdvisor, Guardian, Personalloans.org and many others. She specializes in taking personal finance topics like loans, credit cards, and budgeting, and making them accessible and fun.
Share this post: