Because your livelihood depends on it, effectively managing your personal finances is arguably one of the most critical areas of a person’s life. Ironically however, financial education is not taught in schools, making it very difficult to get a good financial education. Consumers often times have to learn on their own or hire an advisor to make financial decisions for them.
Due to the financial crisis in recent years, credit card debt in the United States has climbed to over $800 billion, putting the average American family in a situation that they didn’t ask for. Debt has gradually become one of the leading causes of alcoholism, divorce and depression, and there has never been a more crucial time to have a good financial education.
A few areas where a good financial education can make a difference in your life are:
- Retirement– We all have to face it someday and we need to be prepared.
- Saving for children’s education– Given that a college education is becoming increasingly more expensive, knowing how to build a savings is key to your child’s future.
- Purchasing a home– One of the most rewarding investments a person can make requires financial discipline and technical know-how.
- Insurance for health/auto/life– Insurance policies come in many forms and individuals need to evaluate them to determine which best works for them.
- Budgeting– After dealing with survival expenditures such as a mortgage, car payment, insurance payments etc., you want to have some wiggle room to be able to spoil yourself and your family.
SuperMoney.com was built to provide you with expert knowledge and resources required for a good financial education. Whether you’re just looking for some insight on the factors involved in finding the right mortgage for a house, want tips on saving and budgeting, or want to identify a reputable company to relieve you from your credit card or tax debt, SuperMoney.com is here to help.
Browse through our articles or click through our resources; Captain SuperMoney will show you the way!