Auto-Owners Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from Auto-Owners InsuranceUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Auto-Owners Auto Insurance Review
Where does Auto-Owners Auto Insurance do business?
Auto-Owners Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Lansing, MI. The company was founded in 1916 and offers auto insurance in 26 states in the USA.
If you're considering whether Auto-Owners Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does Auto-Owners Auto Insurance compare to other auto insurance companies?
What types of auto insurance coverage does Auto-Owners Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Auto-Owners Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Auto-Owners Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Auto-Owners Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, Auto-Owners Insurance offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Auto-Owners Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, Auto-Owners Auto Insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does Auto-Owners Auto Insurance offer?
Auto-Owners Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
What discounts does Auto-Owners Auto Insurance offer?When you ask for a quote with Auto-Owners Auto Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to auto insurance.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums. Most cars have them but it's a discount people often forget to ask for.
- Internal Safety Features: Auto-Owners Auto Insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger a discount.
- Telematics Device (Usage-Based Insurance): You can qualify for a discount if you agree to install a sensor that records your driving habits.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Auto-Owners Auto Insurance.
How does Auto-Owners Insurance calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and Auto-Owners Insurance is no exception. However, you can be confident that Auto-Owners Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Auto-Owners Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Auto-Owners Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the Auto-Owners Insurance website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
6101 Anacapri Boulevard
Lansing, MI 48917 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Auto-Owners Insurance
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||