California Casualty Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from California CasualtyUnaffiliated
California Casualty Auto InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Auto Insurance from California Casualty
Would you recommend California Casualty Auto Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Community Rating||Mostly recommended|
|Financial Strength Rating||A-|
California Casualty Auto Insurance Review
Where does California Casualty Auto Insurance do business?
California Casualty is an insurance carrier based in San Mateo, CA. The company was founded in 1914 and offers auto insurance in 44 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether California Casualty Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does California Casualty Auto Insurance compare to other auto insurance companies?
What types of auto insurance coverage does California Casualty Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. California Casualty Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
California Casualty Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most car insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you've invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does California Casualty Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, California Casualty offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does California Casualty Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?No, California Casualty Auto Insurance does not offer ridesharing coverage as a rider or endorsement.
What benefits does California Casualty Auto Insurance offer?
California Casualty Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
How does California Casualty calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and California Casualty is no exception. However, you can be confident that California Casualty Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does California Casualty Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a California Casualty Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the California Casualty website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
1900 Alameda de las Pulgas
San Mateo, CA 94403 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by California Casualty
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||