Farmers Auto Insurance
in Auto Insurance from FarmersUnaffiliated
Farmers Auto InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Auto Insurance from Farmers
Would you recommend Farmers Auto Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Farmers Auto Insurance Review
Where does Farmers Auto Insurance do business?
Farmers is an insurance carrier based in Woodland Hills, CA. The company was founded in 1928 and offers auto insurance in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
If you're considering whether Farmers Auto Insurance is a good option for you, read on.
How does Farmers Auto Insurance compare to other auto insurance companies?
What types of auto insurance coverage does Farmers Auto Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about auto insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Farmers Auto Insurance offers the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Farmers Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Accident Forgiveness: This auto insurance rider helps you avoid a rate increase after the first accident where you are at fault. Some carriers pass on this benefit to other drivers on your policy, such as your teenage children. Check with Farmers Auto Insurance to see if this rider is available in your area as it is not available in all states.
- Transportation Network Company or ride-sharing coverage: Standard auto policies don't provide coverage the moment you log into a TNC or a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft. This endorsement covers this gap.
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most car insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you've invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can't drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Non-Owner Liability Coverage: This policy is designed for people who drive a vehicle they don't own. It is also used by businesses who want to provide coverage for their employees when they use their personal vehicles for work. In some cases this endorsement will also cover rental vehicles.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Farmers Auto Insurance have roadside assistance?Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, Farmers offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does Farmers Auto Insurance offer ridesharing insurance?Ridesharing coverage available. : Yes, Farmers Auto Insurance offers ridesharing insurance to policyholders as a rider or endorsement. Standard auto policies don't provide coverage the moment you log into a TNC or a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft.
What benefits does Farmers Auto Insurance offer?
Farmers Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Free Policy Cancellation: No cancellation fees for ending your policy early.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What discounts does Farmers Auto Insurance offer?When you ask for a quote with Farmers Auto Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available that are specific to auto insurance.
- Alternative Fuel / Hybrid: For some reason, possibly because they drive fewer miles, people who own hybrids or alternative fuel vehicles pose a lower insurance risk. If your car is green, make sure you earn the rewards.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums. Most cars have them but it's a discount people often forget to ask for.
- Emergency Response System: Emergency Response Systems can protect you by turning off the fuel and unlocking the doors in an accident. Other types alert a response center so you get medical help faster.
- Telematics Device (Usage-Based Insurance): You can qualify for a discount if you agree to install a sensor that records your driving habits.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Farmers Auto Insurance.
How does Farmers calculate rates?
Auto insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and Farmers is no exception. However, you can be confident that Farmers Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does Farmers Auto Insurance use your credit score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, auto insurance companies will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of auto insurance companies that base their rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
How can I get a Farmers Auto Insurance quote
- Visit the Farmers website.
- Fill in the insurance quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver's license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
6301 Owensmouth Ave
Woodland Hills, CA 91367 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by Farmers
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Liability Vehicle Insurance||
|Medical Vehicle Insurance||
|Financial Strength Rating||