DFCU Perks Plus Checking Review
DFCU Perks Plus Checking is offered by DFCU Financial,
a credit union
founded in 1950 and based in Dearborn, MI.
DFCU Perks Plus Checking is available in
1 state across the USA.
- Higher than average APY. DFCU Perks Plus Checking has an annual percentage yield of up to 0.05%, which is higher than the national average interest rate on savings accounts.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $10.
- Small minimum initial deposit. You only need $20 to open an account.
DFCU checking account Pros & Cons
- Interest-yielding account.
- Insured by NCUA.
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- Access to a nationwide network of ATMs.
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- No signup bonus.
- Only available in one state.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Monthly service charge.
- Charges a fee on out-of-network ATM transactions.
DFCU checking account FAQ
Are checking accounts from DFCU Financial federally insured?
No, your DFCU Financial checking accounts are not insured by a federal insurance agency. This means that if DFCU Financial were to fall into financial difficulties, your deposits are not covered by a government backed insurance fund like the FDIC or NCUSIF.
What APY does DFCU checking account offer?
DFCU checking account offers an APY starting at 0.01% and ranging up to 0.05% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
DFCU checking account Rates and Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||0.01% - 0.05%
What are the account minimums for DFCU checking account?
DFCU checking account requires a minimum initial deposit of $20 to open an account.
DFCU checking account Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
|Minimum Combined Balance to Avoid Monthly Service Fee
What fees does DFCU checking account charge?
This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $10.
DFCU Perks Plus Checking Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|Debit Card Replacement Fee
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
||$0 - $10
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
Does DFCU checking account charge overdraft fees?
Yes, DFCU checking account charges a $32 fee for every overdraft.
DFCU checking account offers overdraft protection at a cost of $5 per transaction.
What features and perks does DFCU checking account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - DFCU checking account monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Mobile Banking Services - DFCU checking account allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
What is the customer support email for DFCU checking account?
The customer support email for DFCU checking account is email@example.com.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.