DFCU Perks Plus Checking Review
DFCU Perks Plus Checking is offered by DFCU Financial,
a credit union
founded in 1950 and based in Dearborn, MI.
DFCU Perks Plus Checking is available in
1 state across the USA.
- Low APY. The maximum annual percentage yield for this account is only 0.05%.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $10, but there are ways to waive the fee.
- Small minimum initial deposit. You only need $20 to open an account.
- Hard credit pull. DFCU Financial may require a hard pull on your credit report to open a checking account.
DFCU Perks Plus Checking Pros & Cons
- Interest-yielding account.
- Deposits are insured by the NCUA (up to $250K).
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- Access to a nationwide network of ATMs.
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- No signup bonus.
- Not FDIC-insured.
- Only available in one state.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Monthly service charge.
- Charges a fee on out-of-network ATM transactions.
DFCU Perks Plus Checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from DFCU Financial federally insured?
No, your DFCU Financial checking accounts are not insured by a federal insurance agency. This means that if DFCU Financial were to fall into financial difficulties, your deposits are not covered by a government backed insurance fund like the FDIC or NCUSIF.
What APY does DFCU Perks Plus Checking offer?
DFCU Perks Plus Checking offers an APY starting at 0.01% and ranging up to 0.05% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
DFCU Perks Plus Checking Rates and Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||0.01% - 0.05%
What are the account minimums for DFCU Perks Plus Checking?
DFCU Perks Plus Checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $20 to open an account.
DFCU Perks Plus Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
|Minimum Combined Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee
What fees does DFCU Perks Plus Checking charge?
This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $10.
DFCU Perks Plus Checking Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|Debit Card Replacement Fee
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
||$0 - $10
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
What features and perks does DFCU Perks Plus Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - DFCU Perks Plus Checking monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Mobile Banking Services - DFCU Perks Plus Checking allows you to manage your money online. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.