First Bank First Performance Checking Review
First Bank First Performance Checking is offered by First Bank,
founded in 1906 and based in Creve Coeur, MO.
First Bank First Performance Checking is available in
3 states across the USA.
- Very high annual percentage yield (APY). This account offers an annual percentage yield of up to 3%, which is much higher than the average for a checking account.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $15.
- $100 minimum deposit. This is a typical minimum initial deposit, but there are accounts that require a smaller initial deposit or have no minimum.
- No ATM fees. First Bank First Performance Checking does not charge fees on ATM transactions.
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through First Bank.
First Bank first performance checking Pros & Cons
- High variable APY.
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- No signup bonus.
- Only available in 3 states.
- Monthly service charge (if minimums are not met).
First Bank first performance checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from First Bank federally insured?
Yes, your deposits are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC #12229). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does First Bank first performance checking offer?
First Bank first performance checking offers an APY starting at 0.1% and ranging up to 3% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
First Bank first performance checking Rates and Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||0.1% - 3%
What are the account minimums for First Bank first performance checking?
First Bank first performance checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $100 to open an account.
First Bank First Performance Checking Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $100
|Minimum Direct Deposit to Avoid Monthly Fee
||Starting at $250
|Minimum Balance to Earn APY
What fees does First Bank first performance checking charge?
This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $15.
First Bank First Performance Checking Fees
||$0 - $15
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $0
|Bank Teller Fee
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Check Image Service
|Check Cashing Fee
Does First Bank first performance checking charge overdraft fees?
Yes, First Bank first performance checking charges a $30 fee for every overdraft.
You can get overdraft protection at a cost of $10 per transaction.
What features and perks does First Bank first performance checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Check images with statement - Reconciling your accounts and complying with document retention standards is easier when you have access to a copy of your checks.
- Fraud monitoring - First Bank first performance checking monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - First Bank first performance checking allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.