Where does First Internet Bank Checking Account do business?
First Internet Bank Checking Account is based in Indianapolis, IN. It was founded in 1999 and offers checking accounts services in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
First Internet Bank Checking Account is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC insures deposits in checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and money market accounts up to $250,000 per depositor if a member institution fails.
What APY does First Internet Bank offer?
First Internet Bank Checking Account offers an APY of 0.55% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change). However, to earn interest you must keep a minimum balance of $500.
What features and perks does First Internet Bank Checking Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Free Bill Pay - Bill Pay allows you to receive ebills directly to your account and pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking - First Internet Bank Checking Account allows you to manage your money on the go without ever having to step in a brick-and-mortar bank. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
What fees does First Internet Bank Checking Account charge?
This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $10.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $20 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $50 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- First Internet Bank Checking Account charges $3 every time you request a paper statement.
- Every returned deposit incurs in a $3 charge.
Other Services by First Internet Bank
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Bauer Financial A+/A Rating
- Debit Card
- Free Bill Pay
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit
- No ATM Fees