First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking Review
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking is offered by First Midwest Bank,
founded in 1933 and based in Chicago, .
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking is available in
4 states across the USA.
- Low APY. The maximum annual percentage yield for this account is only 0.08%.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $20.
- $100 minimum deposit. This is a typical minimum initial deposit, but there are accounts that require a smaller initial deposit or have no minimum.
- Hard credit pull. First Midwest Bank may require a hard pull on your credit report to open a checking account.
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking Pros & Cons
- Interest-yielding account.
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- Access to a nationwide network of ATMs.
- No signup bonus.
- Only available in 4 states.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Monthly service charge.
- Charges a higher than average fee on out-of-network ATM transactions.
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from First Midwest Bank federally insured?
Yes, your First Midwest Bank checking accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking offer?
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking offers an APY starting at 0.01% and ranging up to 0.08% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking Rates and Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||0.01% - 0.08%
What are the account minimums for First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking?
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $100 to open an account.
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
|Minimum Combined Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee
What fees does First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking charge?
This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $20.
First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|Debit Card Replacement Fee
|Early Account Closure
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
||$0 - $20
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
What features and perks does First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Check images with statement - Reconciling your accounts and complying with document retention standards is easier when you have access to a copy of your checks.
- Fraud monitoring - First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Mobile Banking Services - First Midwest Bank Diamond Checking allows you to manage your money online. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.