First Premier Bank Free Checking Review
First Premier Bank Free Checking is offered by First Premier Bank,
founded in 1999 and based in Sioux Falls, SD.
First Premier Bank Free Checking is available in
4 states across the USA.
- Low APY. The maximum annual percentage yield for this account is only 0.01%.
- $0 monthly fee. This account does not charge a monthly maintenance fee.
- No ATM fees. First Premier Bank Free Checking does not charge fees on ATM transactions.
- Free bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through First Premier Bank.
- Hard credit pull. First Premier Bank may require a hard pull on your credit report to open a checking account.
First Premier Bank Free Checking Pros & Cons
- Interest-yielding account.
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- No signup bonus.
- Only available in 4 states.
First Premier Bank Free Checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from First Premier Bank federally insured?
Yes, your First Premier Bank checking accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC #6085). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does First Premier Bank Free Checking offer?
First Premier Bank Free Checking Rates & Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
First Premier Bank Free Checking offers an APY of 0.01% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
However, to earn interest you must keep a minimum balance of $500.
What are the account minimums for First Premier Bank Free Checking?
First Premier Bank Free Checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $50 to open an account.
First Premier Bank Free Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
|APY Minimum Balance
What fees does First Premier Bank Free Checking charge?
The good news is that this account does not have a monthly service charge.
First Premier Bank Free Checking Fees
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
What features and perks does First Premier Bank Free Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - First Premier Bank Free Checking monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Free Bill Pay - Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - First Premier Bank Free Checking allows you to manage your money online. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.