Gate City Bank Premium Interest Checking Account Review
Gate City Bank Premium Interest Checking Account is offered by Gate City Bank,
founded in 1923 and based in Fargo, ND.
Gate City Bank Premium Interest Checking Account is available in
2 states across the USA.
- Low APY. The maximum annual percentage yield for this account is only 0.10%.
- $0 monthly account fees available. This account charges a monthly service fee of $8, but the fee is waived if you keep a minimum balance of $1,000.
- ATM fee rebates. This account will reimburse you for ATM fees (see terms and conditions for details).
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through Gate City Bank.
Gate City Bank checking account Pros & Cons
- Monthly service fee waived (see terms for requirements).
- Interest-yielding account.
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card and the option to lock/unlock the card if lost or stolen
- Access to a nationwide network of ATMs.
- No signup bonus.
- Only available in 2 states.
- Monthly service charge.
Gate City Bank checking account FAQ
Are checking accounts from Gate City Bank federally insured?
Yes, your deposits are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC #27774). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does Gate City Bank checking account offer?
Gate City Bank checking account offers an APY starting at 0.05% and ranging up to 0.10% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change). However, to earn interest you must keep an average beginning day balance of at least $0.01.
Gate City Bank checking account Rates and Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||0.05% - 0.10%
What are the account minimums for Gate City Bank checking account?
Gate City Bank checking account requires a minimum initial deposit of $50 to open an account.
Gate City Bank Premium Interest Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $50
|Minimum Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee
||Starting at $1,000
|Minimum Balance to Earn APY
What fees does Gate City Bank checking account charge?
The good news is that this account does not have a monthly Service Charge.
Gate City Bank Premium Interest Checking Account Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $0
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Online Bill Pay Fee
Does Gate City Bank checking account charge overdraft fees?
Yes, Gate City Bank checking account charges a $32 fee for every overdraft.
What features and perks does Gate City Bank checking account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- ATM rebates - This account will reimburse you for any domestic ATM fees.
- Fraud monitoring - Gate City Bank checking account monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - Gate City Bank checking account allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
What is the customer support email for Gate City Bank checking account?
The customer support email for Gate City Bank checking account is email@example.com.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.