Members 1st Community CU Free Checking Review
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking is offered by Members First Community Credit Union,
a credit union
founded in 1954 and based in Quincy, IL.
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking are available in
1 state across the USA.
- Very high annual percentage yield (APY). This account offers an annual percentage yield of up to 1.005%, which is much higher than the average for a checking account. However, you must keep a minimum balance of $0.01.
- $0 monthly fee. This account does not charge any monthly account fees.
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through Members First Community Credit Union.
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking Pros & Cons
- High variable APY.
- Insured by NCUA.
- Access to physical branches.
- Free debit card and the option to lock/unlock the card if lost or stolen
- No signup bonus.
- Does not provide access to a nationwide ATM network.
- Only available in one state.
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking FAQ
Are checking accounts from Members First Community Credit Union federally insured?
Yes, your checking accounts are insured up to $250,000 per share owner for each account ownership category. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency, administers the insurance fund and regulates federally insured credit unions. The fund is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.
What APY does Members 1st Community CU Free Checking offer?
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking Rates & Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking offers an APY of 1.005% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
This is higher than the typical APY for online-only checking accounts, which is around 1% APY. However, to earn interest account holders must keep an average beginning day balance of $0.01.
What are the account minimums for Members 1st Community CU Free Checking?
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking requires a minimum initial deposit of $50 to open an account.
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $50
|Minimum Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee
||Starting at $0
|Minimum Balance to Earn APY
What fees does Members 1st Community CU Free Checking charge?
The good news is that this account does not have a monthly Service Charge.
Members 1st Community CU Free Checking Fees
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $0
|Stop Payment Fee
|Online Bill Pay Fee
What features and perks does Members 1st Community CU Free Checking offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Fraud monitoring - Members 1st Community CU Free Checking monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - Members 1st Community CU Free Checking allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
What is the customer support email for Members 1st Community CU Free Checking?
The customer support email for Members 1st Community CU Free Checking is firstname.lastname@example.org .
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.