SunTrust Bank Checking AccountUnaffiliated
Strongly not recommended
Would you recommend SunTrust Bank Checking Account to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Where does SunTrust Bank Checking Account do business?
SunTrust Bank Checking Account is based in Atlanta, GA. It was founded in 1865 and offers checking accounts services in 11 states (and Washington, DC).
SunTrust Bank Checking Account is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC insures deposits in checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and money market accounts up to $250,000 per depositor if a member institution fails.
What APY does SunTrust Bank offer?
SunTrust Bank Checking Account offers an APY of 0.01% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
What features and perks does SunTrust Bank Checking Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Signup Bonus - Open an account and you will receive a signup bonus of up to $300 if you deposit a minimum of $Earn up to $300 when you open a new qualifying SunTrust personal checking account and complete the following steps: Deposit at least $100 within 14 days of account opening. AND Complete at least $2,000 in Direct Deposits* for a Signature Advantage account, or $1,000 for a Select Checking account, into your new checking account within 60 days of your account opening. AND Conduct at least 10 debit card purchases** within 60 days of account opening.
- Check images with statement - Reconciiling your accounts ank complying with document retention standards is easier when you have access to a copy of your checks.
- Mobile Banking - SunTrust Bank Checking Account allows you to manage your money on the go without ever having to step in a brick-and-mortar bank. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
What fees does SunTrust Bank Checking Account charge?
This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $25.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $25 fee.
- Incoming domestic bank transfers come with a $15 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $50 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- Incoming international bank transfers come with a $30 fee.
- SunTrust Bank Checking Account charges a $25 fee for an early account closure. Contact SunTrust Bank Checking Account for more details on what is considered an early closure.
- SunTrust Bank Checking Account charges $5 every time you request a paper statement.
- Every returned deposit incurs in a $5 charge.
303 Peachtree Street, Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by SunTrust Bank
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- Bauer Financial A+/A Rating
- Check Images with Statement
- Debit Card
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit