Synovus Bank Checking AccountUnaffiliated
Strongly not recommended
Would you recommend Synovus Bank Checking Account to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Where does Synovus Bank Checking Account do business?
Synovus Bank Checking Account is based in Columbus, GA. It was founded in 1888 and offers checking accounts services in 5 states across the USA.
Synovus Bank Checking Account is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC insures deposits in checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and money market accounts up to $250,000 per depositor if a member institution fails.
What APY does Synovus Bank offer?
Synovus Bank Checking Account offers an APY of 1.45% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change). This is higher than the typical APY for online-only checking accounts, which is around 1% APY.
What features and perks does Synovus Bank Checking Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Free Bill Pay - Bill Pay allows you to receive ebills directly to your account and pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking - Synovus Bank Checking Account allows you to manage your money on the go without ever having to step in a brick-and-mortar bank. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
What fees does Synovus Bank Checking Account charge?
This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $25.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $26 fee.
- Incoming domestic bank transfers come with a $18 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $45 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- Incoming international bank transfers come with a $25 fee.
- Synovus Bank Checking Account charges a $25 fee for an early account closure. Contact Synovus Bank Checking Account for more details on what is considered an early closure.
- Synovus Bank Checking Account charges $5 every time you request a paper statement.
- Every returned deposit incurs in a $5 charge.
Other Services by Synovus Bank
- South Carolina
|Minimum Initial Deposit||$100|
|ATM Fee: In-Network||$0|
|Online Bill Pay Fee||$0|
|Monthly Fee||$0 - $25|
|Paper Statement Fee||$5|
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network||$2.50|
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)||$10|
|Overdraft Item Fee||$36|
|Early Account Closure||$25|
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)||$9|
|Debit Card Replacement Fee||$5|
|Stop Payment Fee||$34|
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)||1.5%|
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)||$26|
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)||$45|
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)||$25|
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)||$40|
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)||$18|
|Bank Account Features||