Tyndall Checking Account Review
Tyndall Checking Account is offered by Tyndall,
a credit union
founded in 1956 and based in Panama City, FL.
Tyndall Checking Account is available in
1 state across the USA.
- Very high APY. This account offers an annual percentage yield of up to 1.0%, which is much higher than the average for a checking account.
- $0 monthly Service Charge available. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $2.95.
- No ATM fees. Tyndall Checking Account does not charge fees on ATM transactions within its network but there is a fee of up to $1 for out-of-network ATM transactions.
- Bill pay. Pay your bills to practically anyone in the United States through Tyndall.
Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account Pros & Cons
- Monthly service fee waived (see terms for requirements).
- Interest-yielding account.
- Insured by NCUA.
- Free debit card and the option to lock/unlock the card if lost or stolen
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- No signup bonus.
- Not FDIC-insured.
- Only available in one state.
- Higher than average wire transfer fees.
- Monthly service charge.
- Charges a fee on out-of-network ATM transactions.
Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account FAQ
Are checking accounts from Tyndall federally insured?
No, your Tyndall checking accounts are not insured by a federal insurance agency. This means that if Tyndall were to fall into financial difficulties, your deposits are not covered by a government backed insurance fund like the FDIC or NCUSIF.
What APY does Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account offer?
Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account offers an APY starting at .05% and ranging up to 1.0% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account Rates and Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||.05% - 1.0%
What are the account minimums for Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account?
Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account requires a minimum initial deposit of $25 to open an account.
Tyndall Checking Account Minimums
|Minimum Opening Deposit
||Starting at $25
What fees does Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account charge?
The good news is that this account does not have a monthly Service Charge.
Tyndall Checking Account Fees
||$0 - $2.95
|ATM Fee: In-Network
|ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
||Starting at $1
|Foreign Transaction Fee (Debit Card)
|Overdraft Item Fee
|Overdraft Protection Fee (per transfer)
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)
|Returned Deposit Fee (International)
|Stop Payment Fee
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Incoming)
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)
|Paper Statement Fee
|Online Bill Pay Fee
|Debit Card Replacement Fee
|Early Account Closure
Does Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account charge overdraft fees?
Yes, Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account charges a $29 fee for every overdraft.
Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account offers overdraft protection at a cost of $3 per transaction.
What features and perks does Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Check images with statement - Reconciling your accounts and complying with document retention standards is easier when you have access to a copy of your checks.
- Fraud monitoring - Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account monitors transactions for potentially unauthorized activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Online Bill Pay - Online Bill Pay allows you to pay bills easily from your account.
- Mobile Banking Services - Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
What is the customer support email for Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account?
The customer support email for Tyndall Federal Credit Union checking account is firstname.lastname@example.org.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.