in Home Purchase Mortgages from Weidel Real EstateUnaffiliated
|Loan Term (Years)||15 - 30 years|
Princeton Mortgage Review
Princeton Mortgage is offered by Weidel Real Estate (NMLS #113856), a financial services company founded in 1915 and based in Pennington, NJ. Princeton Mortgage is available in 10 states (and Washington, DC).
- 6 different mortgage programs offered. Princeton Mortgage offers FHA, FHA 203k, USDA, VA, jumbo, conforming, and conventional mortgages.
- Financing for a variety of property types. Offers home loans for manufactured, single, and multi-family homes.
- Standard interest rates types. Princeton Mortgage offers and fixed-rate mortgages.
- Considers personal use and investment properties. Financing available for primary homes, vacation homes, and even investment homes, such as rental properties.
- Charges a prepayment fee. This means you will be charged an additional fee if you repay the mortgage early.
- Good credit required. You will need a credit score of at least 700 to qualify.
What is the maximum loan term you can get with Princeton Mortgage?
Princeton Mortgage offers mortgages with terms ranging from 15 to 30 years. Having the option of longer terms allows borrowers to take on larger loan amounts while keeping monthly payments more affordable. However, the longer the term of your loan, the more interest you will pay.
What mortgage rates does Weidel Real Estate offer?
Mortgage rates change daily based on market conditions and vary significantly depending on the loan type and the length of the term. For instance, fixed rate mortgages will typically have a higher interest rate than mortgages with variable rates, and jumbo loans usually have higher mortgage rates than conforming conventional loans. Find the best interest rate available to you by getting quotes from three or more mortgage lenders before choosing a home loan.
Does Princeton Mortgage charge an application fee?
Do they charge mortgage origination fees?
Yes, Princeton Mortgage may charge a loan origination fee.
What mortgage programs are available?
Princeton Mortgage offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA loans: FHA loans are mortgages insured by the FHA. They offer competitive mortgage rates and have less stringent eligibility requirements. However, borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. For instance, you can apply for an FHA loan with a credit score as low as 580. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- FHA 203k: An FHA mortgage you can also use to finance home improvements.
- Jumbo loans: Any mortgage with a loan amount above the conforming loan limits set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency ($548,250 as of 2021).
- USDA loans: A zero down payment mortgage loan with low mortgage rates for suburban and rural homebuyers. The USDA doesn't require a minimum credit score, but most mortgage lenders require a minimum credit score of 640.
- VA loans: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses. VA loans offer competitive mortgage rates, and don't have a minimum credit score. However, the mortgage lenders that offer them will typically require a credit score of at least 640.
What property usage types does Princeton Mortgage allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Princeton Mortgage allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
- Investment properties and house flipping projects
- Washington, DC
- New Jersey
- South Carolina
|Credit Score Range||700 - 850|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Verification Documents Required||
|Loan Term||15 - 30 years|
|Interest Rate Types Offered||N/A|