Penn Mutual Life Insurance
in Life Insurance from Penn MutualUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Penn Mutual Life Insurance Review
Penn Mutual life insurance is a life insurance carrier based in Horsham, PA. The company was founded in 1847 and offers life insurance products in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
What types of life insurance products does Penn Mutual life insurance offer?
Life insurance companies typically offer a wide variety of life insurance options. One of the best ways to save money on life insurance products is to avoid unnecessary coverage. Only purchase life insurance policies and riders you actually need.
Here is a brief description of life insurance options Penn Mutual life insurance offers.
- Term Life Insurance - This is the simplest type of life insurance policy. Term life insurance policies are payable if the insured person dies within a specific period of time, such as 5, 10, or 30 years. Penn Mutual life insurance offers term lengths ranging from 10 to 20 years.
- Level Term Life Insurance - These are term life insurance policies that have the same fixed premium and payment amount through the duration of the life insurance policy.
- Whole Life Insurance - Whole life insurance policies remain in force for the policyholder's entire life, provided premiums are paid. They have a tax deferred cash value, meaning the cash value will not be taxed until funds are withdrawn.
- Universal Life Insurance - This type of universal life insurance policy guarantees a fixed death benefit and an investment account. The cash value of the investment account will vary depending on the portfolio's performance.
- Variable Universal Life Insurance - These types of universal life insurance policies provides the most flexibility when it comes to investing the cash value of a universal life policy in separate accounts with "variable" values.
- Indexed Universal Life Insurance - These types of universal life insurance policies allows policyholders to place the cash value of the life insurance policy in a fixed account or an equity index account, such as the S&P 500 or the Nasdaq 100.
As well as the basic coverage types mentioned above, Penn Mutual life insurance company also offers the following life insurance policies:
- Survivorship Life Insurance - These types of joint universal life insurance policies cover two individuals and pays a death benefit to a beneficiary after both have died.
What is the financial strength rating of Penn Mutual life insurance?
The financial strength rating of life insurance companies scores its ability to pay contracts and life insurance policies. SuperMoney gives Penn Mutual life insurance an A+, which is the highest available rating we give to life insurance companies.
SuperMoney's financial strength rating is primarily based on the average score from insurance rating agencies.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
|Life Insurance Features||
|Term Length||10 - 20|
|Term Life Age Range||20 - 70|
|Term Life Death Benefit Range||Starting at $250,000|
|Whole / Permanent Life Options||
|Whole Life Age Range||0 - 85|
|Whole Life Death Benefit Range||Starting at $50,000|
|Life Insurance Riders||