USAA Life Insurance Overview
USAA provides a wide selection of life insurance products to military members and their families. USAA is one of the best-rated insurance companies for customer service and financial stability. The catch is only service members and their relatives are eligible. USAA has been in business since 1922 in San Antonio, Texas, by 25 army officers who couldn’t find an insurance company that would cover them. Fast forward to 2016, USAA has 11.2 million members and ranks 49th in net worth among Fortune 500 companies with $28.2 billion in assets (September 2015).
What Are USAA Life Insurance’s Ratings?
USAA’s Life Insurance’s ratings are outstanding. Moody’s gives USAA Life Insurance Company an Aa1 rating, the second highest possible rating. A.M. Best gives USAA an A++ (Superior) rating, its highest possible score. Standard’s & Poor’s rates it as AA+ (very strong), its second highest rating. The BBB gives USAA an A+ rating.
USAA regularly tops the rankings of J.D. Power’s customer satisfaction surveys but is not included in their public ratings because it is only available to members of the armed forces and their families. USAA was ranked among the top three financial institutions in customer advocacy according to the 2014 Forrester Research report.
What Coverage Does USAA Life Insurance Offer?
USAA provides a wide selection of life insurance products including products designed specifically for military members. These products include whole life insurance policies, universal life insurance policies, military term life insurance, term insurance policies.
What Benefits Does USAA Life Insurance Offer?
- All these products include free financial planning for beneficiaries. Military term policies also include a "complimentary" $25k severe injury benefit.
- If your death is caused by war, you are still covered, which is nice for a company that only insures soldiers and their families.
- Provides specialized financial advice geared toward service members.
- Home and Life Insurance bundle
How Does USAA Compare with Other Life Insurance Companies?
- USAA has the highest possible rating with A.M. Best and Moody’s and the second highest possible rating with Standard & Poor’s.
- USAA regularly tops customer satisfaction ratings, such as Forrester’s and J.D. Power reports.
- It has been in business since 1922
- It is a financially responsible company that has successfully weathered financial crisis. For instance, USAA not only survived the Great Depression but came out with a net profit of $144,000.
Be the first to write a review for this company!Write a Review