in Mortgage Refinance from Home Bay FinancialUnaffiliated
|Loan Amount||Up to 1,200,000|
|Loan Term (Years)||15 - 30 years|
Home Bay Review
Home Bay is offered by Home Bay Financial (NMLS #1856453), a direct lender founded in 2015 and based in Rancho Santa Fe, CA. Home Bay is available in 1 state across the USA.
- 4 different mortgage programs offered. Home Bay refinances FHA, VA, jumbo, conforming, and conventional mortgages.
- Financing for single-family and multi-family properties. However, Home Bay Financial does not offer financing for manufactured homes.
- Standard interest rates types. Home Bay offers adjustable-rate mortgages and fixed-rate mortgages.
- Considers personal use and investment properties. Refinancing available for primary homes, vacation homes, and even investment homes, such as rental properties.
- Charges a prepayment fee. This means you will be charged an additional fee if you repay the mortgage early.
- No origination fee. Home Bay does not charge a fee for processing your loan application.
- Maximum LTV. Home Bay has a maximum loan to value ratio of 60%.
- Fair credit accepted. Borrowers with a credit score as low as 620 may qualify for Home Bay.
What is the maximum loan term for a mortgage refinance via Home Bay?
The term of a mortgage refinance will impact the cost of your monthly payments. Longer terms will typically reduce your monthly payments but it will also increase the interest you pay. Home Bay offers mortgages refinancing with terms ranging from 15 to 30 years.
Does Home Bay charge a mortgage origination fee?
No, Home Bay does not charge a mortgage origination fee.
Some lenders charge an origination fee for processing, underwriting, and funding a mortgage. Typically fees range from 0.5% to 5% of the loan amount. Whenever possible, go with lenders that don’t charge origination fees.
What mortgage programs does Home Bay offer?
Home Bay offers the following mortgage types:
- Conventional mortgages: This includes any mortgage that is not insured or guaranteed by the federal government.
- FHA: Mortgages insured by the FHA, which usually have less stringent eligibility requirements, but borrowers must pay a mortgage insurance premium. Co-applicants are allowed and you can qualify for a down payment as low as 3%.
- Jumbo: Any mortgage with a loan amount above the conforming loan limits set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. As of 2018, the jumbo threshold is $453,100 in most of the United States.
- VA: A zero down payment mortgage or a refinance of up to 120% of the home's value for American military members, veterans, and their spouses.
What property usage types does Home Bay allow?
Some mortgage lenders restrict the type of usage borrowers give mortgaged properties. Home Bay allows the following property usage types:
- Primary home
- Secondary homes and vacation properties
|No Origination Fee|
|Credit Score Range||620 - 850|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Immigration Status Considered||
|Verification Documents Required||
|APR||Starting at 1.99|
|Loan Term||15 - 30 years|
|Loan Amount||Up to 1,200,000|
|Interest Rate Types Offered||