Mostly not recommended
Would you recommend The Hartford to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
The Hartford Renters Insurance Overview
The Hartford, a property and casualty insurance company, was founded in 1810 and is headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut. In addition to offering home, auto, renters and umbrella insurance to individuals, the company also offers various types of business insurance including property and liability. The Hartford has even insured Abraham Lincoln’s home and well-known construction projects like the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hoover Dam. Currently, The Hartford has over $230 billion in assets.
What Are The Hartford Renters Insurance’s Ratings?
The Hartford’s financial strength, as measured by independent institutions, is commendable. The insurance company has received an A+ from A.M. Best, an A1 from Moody’s, an A+ from Standard and Poor’s, and an A- from the BBB.
What Coverage Does The Hartford Renters Insurance Offer?
The Hartford offers customizable policies to meet your specific needs. In general, renters insurance plans can include the following types of coverage:
- Personal property insurance, which protects you against incidents like a neighbor's home having caused smoke or water damage to your home.
- Special personal property coverage, which covers your personal belongings whether the loss occurs on or away from your property.
- Loss of use, which helps pay for living expenses incurred when your home is temporarily uninhabitable.
- Liability, which helps cover legal defense expenses and court-ordered fees related to liability claims.
- Medical payments, which helps cover medical bills if someone is injured on your property or even if you accidentally cause someone bodily injury while not on your property.
- Identify fraud expense coverage, which is a popular add-on to protect yourself in case you become a victim of identity theft.
How Does The Hartford Compare with Other Renters Insurance Companies?
The Hartford has been in business for over 200 years and has been trusted to insure some of America’s most historic sites. The company has over 100 offices located throughout the U.S. and offers online access to many products and services. Customers can tailor policy features to meet their specific needs and can access claims services 24/7.
One Hartford Plaza
Hartford, CT 06155 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by The Hartford
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia