CharterBank Savings Account Review
CharterBank Savings Account is offered by CharterBank,
founded in 1954 and based in West Point, GA.
CharterBank Savings Account is offered in
3 states across the USA.
Are savings accounts from CharterBank federally insured?
Yes, your CharterBank savings accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does CharterBank offer?
CharterBank Savings Account offers an APY of 0.04% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
What features and perks does CharterBank Savings Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
CharterBank Savings Account Features
|Bank Account Features
- Automatic Savings
- Bauer Financial A+/A Rating
- Branch Access
- Fraud Monitoring
- Interest Bearing Account
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Nationwide ATM Network
- No ATM Fees
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee
- Automatic savings - Set up an automatic transfer from your checking account to a savings account and you'll never have to second-guess your saving decisions again.
- Fraud monitoring - CharterBank Savings Account monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Nationwide ATM network - Withdraw money and check your balance from wherever you are.
What fees does CharterBank Savings Account charge?
CharterBank Savings Account does not charge a monthly maintenance fee. See the fee breakdown section below to view all fees.
However, you can waive the monthly fee if you have a minimum daily balance of $100.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $20 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $50 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- CharterBank Savings Account charges a $25 fee for an early account closure. Contact CharterBank Savings Account for more details on what is considered an early closure.
- CharterBank Savings Account charges $3 every time you request a paper statement.
SUPERMONEY Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.