|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)||0.15%|
|Minimum Balance to Earn APY||N/A|
CommonWealth Credit Union Savings Account Review
CommonWealth Credit Union Savings Account is offered by CommonWealth Credit Union, a credit union founded in 1951 and based in Frankfort, KY. CommonWealth Credit Union Savings Account are available in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
- Low interest rate. The maximum annual percentage yield for this account is only 0.15%.
- $0 monthly fee. This account does not charge any monthly account fees.
- No ATM fees. CommonWealth Credit Union Savings Account does not charge fees on ATM transactions.
Commonwealth Credit Union savings account Pros & Cons
Commonwealth Credit Union savings account FAQ
Are savings accounts from CommonWealth Credit Union federally insured?
Yes, your CommonWealth Credit Union savings accounts are insured up to $250,000 per share owner for each account ownership category. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency, administers the insurance fund and regulates federally insured credit unions. The fund is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.
Does CommonWealth Credit Union offer a signup bonus?
Commonwealth Credit Union savings account doesn't offer a signup bonus.
What is the minimum initial deposit for Commonwealth Credit Union savings account?
What APY does CommonWealth Credit Union Savings Account offer?
Commonwealth Credit Union savings account offers an APY of 0.15% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).The interest rate on a savings account or checking account can change based, in part, on what the Federal Reserve does. Note that the APY of a savings account is the amount of interest you will earn if you keep your money in the account for a full year expressed as a percentage. The difference between an APY and an interest rate is that the APY takes into account how often your money earns interest (or compounds). The more often your money compounds, the more it will earn. Savings accounts with an interest rate that compounds daily, for example, will earn a higher return (and therefore a higher APY) than savings accounts that compound annually.
What fees does Commonwealth Credit Union savings account charge?
Commonwealth Credit Union savings account does not charge a monthly service fee. See the fee breakdown section below to view all fees.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $20 fee.
- Outgoing international bank transfers come with a $50 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- Commonwealth Credit Union savings account charges $2 every time you request a paper statement.
What features and perks does Commonwealth Credit Union savings account offer?
This savings account includes the following features:
- Check images with monthly statement - Reconciling your accounts and complying with document retention standards is easier when you have access to a copy of your checks for each statement period.
- Fraud monitoring - Commonwealth Credit Union savings account monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location, or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Mobile Banking Services - Commonwealth Credit Union savings account allows you to manage your money online or with a mobile app. This includes depositing checks in your account with a mobile app on your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
Can you set up a direct deposit to Commonwealth Credit Union savings account?
Yes, you can typically set up a direct deposit to this account. However, it depends on the direct deposit program your employer uses. Most direct deposit programs allow you to send your paycheck to a savings or checking account. In some cases, you can even split your paycheck between the two.
What is the customer support email for Commonwealth Credit Union savings account?
The customer support email for Commonwealth Credit Union savings account is email@example.com.
Other Services by CommonWealth Credit Union
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia
|Wire Transfer Fee - Domestic (Outgoing)||$20|
|Wire Transfer Fee - International (Outgoing)||$50|
|Paper Statement Fee||$2|
|Returned Deposit Fee (Domestic)||$30|
|Immigration Status Considered||
|Verification Documents Required||
|Bauer Financial A+/A Rating|
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)||0.15%|