eSmart Tax is a tax preparation firm based in Virginia Beach, VA. The company, which was founded in 1997, helps individuals with tax preparation and filing services.
What does eSmart Tax charge for filing a tax return?
The price of services can vary widely depending on the type of services you require. To help you compare prices we have categorized tax preparation services into three tiers: basic, standard, and premium.
Federal tax returns
- eSmart Tax does not charge for filing a basic federal tax return. Yes, it's free.
- eSmart Tax charges $24.95 for a standard tax return.
- eSmart Tax charges $59.95 for a premium tax return.
State tax returns
eSmart Tax charges $31.95 for filing a state tax return.
What type of taxes can eSmart Tax handle?
If all you need is help with a basic tax return, you can choose from a wide selection of free online products. However, not all tax preparation software products are designed for complex tax issues. For instance, business owners and self-employed taxpayers will typically need more sophisticated tax preparation software that can process additional tax forms and tackle more deductions and credits.
eSmart Tax can handle the following special tax scenarios:
- Business owners and self-employed taxpayers
- Estates, trusts, and retirement accounts
- Tax returns with investment and rental property
- Property taxes
What additional benefits does eSmart Tax offer?
As well as offering federal tax filing and preparation servcies, eSmart Tax also offers the following benefits:
- Audit support
- Automatic error detection
- e-File included
- State tax returns included
- Tax deduction finder
Note that you will typically pay a premium for these additional benefits and you may not need them all. Consider the services you or your business require before choosing a tax preparation firm.