Fortress Tax Relief
in Tax Relief Companies from Fortress Financial Services Inc.Claimed Visit Site Get Tax Help Now Visit Site
Fortress Tax ReliefClaimed
in Tax Relief Companies from Fortress Financial Services Inc.
Would you recommend Fortress Tax Relief to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Fortress Tax Relief Review
Where does Fortress Tax Relief do business?
Fortress Tax Relief is a tax relief company based in Bend, OR. The company was founded in 2003 and offers tax relief services to individuals and businesses in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
- Attorney consultation and case handling. Fortress Tax Relief uses attorneys exclusively (not enrolled agents) to represent you before the IRS.
- Minimum tax debt of $15,000. Fortress Tax Relief only considers taxpayers with at least $15,000 in tax debt, which is more than the minimum required by most tax relief firms.
- Average fee of $3,100. Fees will vary depending on the complexity of the case, but this is the average fee customers will pay for the services of Fortress Tax Relief.
- Fees starting at $500. Fees for Fortress Tax Relief start at $500 and go up from there.
- Money back guarantee. Fortress Tax Relief may offer a refund if you're not satisfied with their services or cancel your account (terms and conditions apply).
- Upfront retainer required. Fortress Tax Relief requires a retainer fee to start working on your case.
- State tax relief. Also provides tax relief services for state tax debt (state availability varies).
Fortress Tax Relief Pros and Cons:
How much does Fortress Tax Relief charge for its tax relief services?
Fees vary depending on the size and complexity of each case. However, you can expect the cost of Fortress Tax Relief services to start at $500. According to Fortress Tax Relief, the average customer will pay $3,100 in fees.
However, Fortress Tax Relief does offer flexible payments so you don't have to pay their fees as a lump sum. Notice that Fortress Tax Relief offers a money back guarantee. You may be able to request a refund if you are unsatisfied with their services. Visit their site for more details on the terms and conditions of the money back guarantee.
|Money Back Guarantee?||Yes|
|Range of Fees||Starting at $500|
What is the minimum tax debt Fortress Tax Relief will consider?
Fortress Tax Relief will only consider customers with at least $15,000 in tax debt. Taxpayers with less than $15,000 in tax debt may benefit from a debt consolidation loan or credit counseling services.
What kind of tax cases can Fortress Tax Relief handle?
Fortress Tax Relief provides assistance to taxpayers for a wide selection of tax issues. These include:
- Currently not Collectible Cases
- Installment Agreement Cases
- Asset Seizure / Tax Levy
- Bank Account Levy
- Can't Afford To Pay Tax Debt
- Disagree With Amount Owed
- Offshore Banking Tax Penalty Relief
- Revenue Officer Calling
- Tax Lien
- Tax Audit
- Unfiled Return
- Wage Garnishment
What type of customers does Fortress Tax Relief consider?
Fortress Tax Relief deals with personal AND business tax relief cases. Some tax attorneys specialize in one or the other.
What type of Currently Not Collectible cases does Fortress Tax Relief consider?
Currently not collectible (or CNC), means the IRS has determined you don't have the assets or the income to repay your tax debt. In such cases, the IRS stops the collection process until your financial situation improves. Some tax relief companies will either not accept cases with CNC status or have a policy to only take cases that fall within a maximum term before the CNC status expiration.
Fortress Tax Relief will consider currently not collectible cases. Note that Fortress Tax Relief will consider all CNC cases regardless of their expiration date.
What type of Installment Agreement Cases does Fortress Tax Relief consider?
If a taxpayer already has an affordable installment agreement with the IRS, there may not be much a tax relief company can do to help. Which is why some tax relief companies will not take on these cases.
Fortress Tax Relief will consider installment agreement cases.In fact, they will consider cases with an installment agreement when the taxpayer is not even at risk of default.
Does Fortress Tax Relief have the staff to provide in-house services?
Yes, Fortress Tax Relief employs its own tax relief specialists.
|CPAs on Staff?||No|
|Enrolled Agents on Staff?||No|
|Tax Attorneys on Staff?||Yes|
Does Fortress Tax Relief have tax attorneys on staff?
Yes, Fortress Tax Relief has tax attorneys on staff. Tax relief companies that employ tax attorneys offer an important advantage. Tax lawyers are highly specialized professionals who typically need a Juris Doctor degree, advanced training in taxation law, and pass a state bar exam. Read this article for more details on when you should consider hiring a tax attorney.
Does Fortress Tax Relief have enrolled agents on staff?No, Fortress Tax Relief does not have enrolled agents on staff.
Does Fortress Tax Relief have Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) on staff?No, Fortress Tax Relief does not have CPAs on staff.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Money Back Guarantee|
|Range of fees||Starting at $500|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Min. Tax Debt Required||$15,000|
|Tax Attorneys On Staff|