Citizens Access CD Ladder Review
Citizens Access CD Ladder is offered by Citizens Access,
founded in 2017 and based in Providence, RI.
Citizens Access CD Ladder is available in
50 states (and Washington, DC).
- Only one CD account type available. Citizens Access CD Ladder only offers traditional CD accounts.
- Very high APY. This account offers an annual percentage yield of up to 0.25%, which is much higher than the national average for a CD account.
- High minimum deposit. You must deposit a minimum of $10,000, which is high compared to most CD accounts.
- Wide selection of CD terms. Citizens Access CD Ladder allows you to create a CD ladder by spreading your cash across certificates with different terms. This combines the benefits of frequent access to funds and higher rates of return on your savings.
Pros & Cons of Citizens Access CD Ladder
- FDIC insured.
- Multiple CD terms available.
- Available in all 50 states.
- High-interest yield.
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- There isn't a no-penalty CD option.
- Does not offer an IRA CD.
Citizens Access CD Ladder FAQ
Are cd accounts from Citizens Access federally insured?
Yes, your Citizens Access cd accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC #57957). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What types of CDs does Citizens Access offer?
Citizens Access CD Ladder provides the following types of CDs.
- Traditional CDs. These CDs pay a fixed interest rate i you deposit a fixed amount of money for a specific term. Once the maturity date arrives, you have the option of cashing out or rolling over the CD for another term.
What CD rates does Citizens Access offer on its CDs?
Citizens Access CD Ladder offers an APY starting at 0.10% and ranging up to 0.25%. APY stands for annual percentage yield and shows the interest rate paid by the CD after taking into account compounding.
What terms does Citizens Access CD Ladder offer?
Citizens Access offers CD terms of the following lengths:
Citizens Access CD Ladder Rates & Terms
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
||0.10% - 0.25%
What is the minimum deposit to open a CD account with Citizens Access?
Citizens Access CD Ladder requires a minimum deposit of $10,000 to open an account.
What is the grace period for Citizens Access CD Ladder?
There is a 10-day grace period for Citizens Access CD Ladder. A grace period is a period of time during which you can withdraw the money in your CD without paying an early withdrawal penalty. A grace period starts the day after a CD’s maturity date, or the final day a CD is opened. Standard CDs renew automatically at the same term if you don't withdraw your money after the 10-day grace period. Note that the new CD rates probably won’t be the same as the original.
What types of fees, such as early withdrawal penalties, does Citizens Access CD Ladder charge?
Financial institutions don't typically charge many fees on CDs. However, most charge a fee if you choose to withdraw your money before the CD term ends.
Citizens Access does not charge an early withdrawal fee.
Citizens Access CD Ladder Fees
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.