USAA Classic Checking AccountClaimed
Mostly not recommended
Would you recommend USAA Classic Checking Account to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Where does USAA Classic Checking Account do business?
USAA Classic Checking Account is based in San Antonio, TX. It was founded in 1922 and offers checking accounts services in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
USAA Classic Checking Account is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC insures deposits in checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and money market accounts up to $250,000 per depositor if a member institution fails.
What APY does USAA offer?
USAA Classic Checking Account offers an APY of 0.01% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change). However, to earn interest you must keep a minimum balance of $1000.
What features and perks does USAA Classic Checking Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Automatic savings - Set up an automatic transfer from your checking account to a savings account and you'll never have to second-guess your saving decisions again.
- ATM reimbursement - This account will reimburse you for the ATM fees charged by other networks. Typically there is a limit to how much you can claim for these costs, so check the fine print if you plan to make multiple withdrawals within one month.
- Fraud monitoring - USAA Classic Checking Account monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Free Bill Pay - Bill Pay allows you to receive ebills directly to your account and pay bills easily from your account.
- Get paid early - If you fund your account with a payroll direct deposit and request this service, you can collect your salary early.
- Mobile Banking - USAA Classic Checking Account allows you to manage your money on the go without ever having to step in a brick-and-mortar bank. This includes depositing checks in your account with your smartphone.
- Nationwide ATM network - Conveniently transact at a nearby ATM.
What fees does USAA Classic Checking Account charge?
The good news is that this account does not charge a monthly maintenance fee.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $20 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $20 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- USAA Classic Checking Account charges $10 every time you request a paper statement.
- Every returned deposit incurs in a $10 charge.
9800 Fredericksburg Road
San Antonio, TX 78288 USA
- Visit Site
Other Services by USAA
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- ATM Reimbursement
- Automatic Savings
- Bauer Financial A+/A Rating
- Branch Access
- Debit Card
- Debit Card Lock/Unlock
- Fraud Monitoring
- Fraud Protection
- Free Bill Pay
- Get Paid Early
- Interest Bearing Account
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Nationwide ATM Network
- No ATM Fees
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee
USAA Checking Accounts
ATM Fee: Out-of-Network
Minimum Balance to Avoid Monthly Fee
Be the first to rate