Guardian Debt Relief
in Debt Settlement Companies from Lifeline Debt Relief Inc.Claimed Visit Site Get Debt Help Now Visit Site
Guardian Debt ReliefClaimed
in Debt Settlement Companies from Lifeline Debt Relief Inc.
Rating not yet determined
Would you recommend Guardian Debt Relief to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Rating not yet determined
|% of Debt Fee||20%|
|Minimum Debt Owed||$7,500|
Guardian Debt Relief Review
Where does Guardian Debt Relief do business?
Guardian Debt Relief is a debt settlement company based in New York, NY. It offers debt relief services to borrowers in 14 states (and Washington, DC). Guardian Debt Relief was founded in 2012. It is an established company that has been in business for years.
- Low debt minimum. Guardian Debt Relief stands out from the competition because it only requires clients to have a minimum balance of $7,500. Most firms require at least $10,000 of unsecured debt.
- AFCC and IAPDA accredited. Guardian Debt Relief is a member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), which is the largest trade association for the debt settlement industry. It also employs debt resolution specialists that have been trained and accredited by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA).
- Established company. Guardian Debt Relief has been in business for years.
- Types of debt settled. Guardian Debt Relief will only settle unsecured debts. These include credit card accounts, personal loans, payday loans, and medical bills.
- Does not charge a monthly fee. Unlike some debt relief firms, Guardian Debt Relief does not charge a consultancy fee for additional services.
- Only available in some states. Guardian Debt Relief is only available in 14 states.
- Offers in-house debt relief services. Some debt settlement companies act as intermediaries for larger firms. This company uses its own staff to handle debt settlement accounts.
- Customer service availability. Guardian Debt Relief is closed Saturdays and Sundays, but users can track the progress of their settlement accounts at any time by logging onto their online account.
Guardian Debt Relief Pros and Cons:
What does Guardian Debt Relief do?
Guardian Debt Relief offers debt relief services for the following types of debt:
- Unsecured debt, such as credit card debt, personal loans and medical debt
What does Guardian Debt Relief charge?
Guardian Debt Relief operates on a contingency fee basis. Companies operating under a contingency fee model charge fees that are based upon a percentage of the debt at the time the consumer enrolled; occasionally they are based on a percentage of the savings negotiated by the debt-settlement company. Across the industry in general, debt settlement clients typically see a 45% to 60% reduction of their enrolled debt.
Guardian Debt Relief charges fees of 20% of the enrolled debt.
Debt relief service pricing / costs can vary greatly from one client to another so it's best to speak to Guardian Debt Relief directly to determine an accurate quote.
Does Guardian Debt Relief offer a guarantee?No, Guardian Debt Relief does not have a money back guarantee. Some debt settlement companies advertise a money-back guarantee that typically states you won't be charged until your debt is settled. However, it is illegal for debt settlement companies to charge upfront fees before an account is settled. So these guarantees offer little added value to consumers.
What is the minimum debt Guardian Debt Relief will consider?Guardian Debt Relief will only consider customers with unsecured debt of $7,500 or more. Customers with less than $7,500 of unsecured debt may benefit from a debt consolidation loan or credit counseling services.
Does Guardian Debt Relief perform its own servicing in-house?
Yes, Guardian Debt Relief employs its own in-house servicing staff who manage the process and negotiate settlements on behalf of their customers.
What accreditations does Guardian Debt Relief have?
The two main trade associations in the debt relief services space are the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA).
- Guardian Debt Relief is an accredited AFCC member.
- Guardian Debt Relief is an IAPDA member.
- Washington, DC
- New York