Smart Money Management
in Debt Settlement Companies from Gant Investment Advisors, Inc.Unaffiliated Visit Site Get Debt Help Now Visit Site
|% of Debt Fee||0% - 8.5%|
|Minimum Debt Owed||$3,000|
Smart Money Management Review
Smart Money Management is a debt settlement company based in Sylvania, OH. It offers debt relief services to borrowers in 2 state across the USA. Founded in 2008, it is a well-established company that has been in business for over 10 years.
- Low debt minimum. Smart Money Management stands out from the competition because it only requires clients to have a minimum balance of $3,000. Most firms require at least $10,000 of unsecured debt.
- Not accredited by the AFCC or the IAPDA. Smart Money Management is not a member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), which is the major trade association for the debt settlement industry. Furthermore, it does not invest in the accreditation of its debt resolution specialists by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) either.
- Well-established firm. Smart Money Management has been in business for 12 years.
- Multiple types of debt. Smart Money Management settles private student loans, business debt, and all types of unsecured debt, such as credit cards and personal loans.
- Only available in some states. Smart Money Management is only available in 2 states.
- Offers in-house debt relief services. Some debt settlement companies act as intermediaries for larger firms. This company uses its own staff to handle debt settlement accounts.
- Customer service availability. Smart Money Management is closed Saturdays and Sundays, but users can track the progress of their settlement accounts at any time by logging onto their online account.
What does Smart Money Management do?
Smart Money Management offers debt relief services for the following types of debt:
- Unsecured debt, such as credit card debt, personal loans and medical debt
- Business debt
- Private student loans
What does Smart Money Management charge?
Smart Money Management operates on a contingency fee basis. Companies operating under a contingency fee model charge fees that are based upon a percentage of the debt at the time the consumer enrolled; occasionally they are based on a percentage of the savings negotiated by the debt-settlement company. Across the industry in general, debt settlement clients typically see a 45% to 60% reduction of their enrolled debt.
Smart Money Management charges fees that range from 0% of the enrolled debt up to 8.5% of the enrolled debt, depending on the amount of enrolled debt provided.
Debt relief service pricing / costs can vary greatly from one client to another so it's best to speak to Smart Money Management directly to determine an accurate quote.
Does Smart Money Management offer a guarantee?No, Smart Money Management does not have a money back guarantee. Some debt settlement companies advertise a money-back guarantee that typically states you won't be charged until your debt is settled. However, it is illegal for debt settlement companies to charge upfront fees before an account is settled. So these guarantees offer little added value to consumers.
What is the minimum debt Smart Money Management will consider?Smart Money Management will only consider customers with unsecured debt of $3,000 or more. Customers with less than $3,000 of unsecured debt may benefit from a debt consolidation loan or credit counseling services.
Does Smart Money Management perform its own servicing in-house?
Yes, Smart Money Management employs its own in-house servicing staff who manage the process and negotiate settlements on behalf of their customers.
What accreditations does Smart Money Management have?
The two main trade associations in the debt relief services space are the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA).
- Smart Money Management is not an accredited AFCC member.
- Smart Money Management is not an IAPDA member.
Be the first to rate
Would you recommend Smart Money Management to your friends?
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE
Recommendation score measures the loyalty between a provider and a consumer. It's at 100% if everybody recommends the provider, and at -100% when no one recommends.