Harley-Davidson Motorcycle InsuranceUnaffiliated
|Financial Strength Rating||A|
Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance Review
Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Chicago, IL. The company was founded in 1993 and offers motorcycle and ATV insurance in 47 states (and Washington, DC).
Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance FAQ
What types of motorcycle and ATV insurance coverage does Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about motorcycle insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance offers the following types of motorcycle and ATV insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can no longer use your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as an accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
What benefits does Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance offer?
Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance?
When you ask for a quote with Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available.
About Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Insurance
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia