Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance
in Motorcycle and ATV Insurance from Auto-Owners InsuranceUnaffiliated
Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV InsuranceUnaffiliated
in Motorcycle and ATV Insurance from Auto-Owners Insurance
Not enough votes for recommendation
Would you recommend Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|
Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance Review
Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance is an insurance carrier based in Lansing, MI. The company was founded in 1916 and offers motorcycle and ATV insurance in 26 states in the USA.
What types of motorcycle and ATV insurance coverage does Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance offer?
Although we often talk about motorcycle insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage. Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance offers the following types of motorcycle and ATV insurance coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn't have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don't cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have a lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage: If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their policies:
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most motorcycle and ATV insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you've invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
- Transport Trailer Coverage: This covers non-motorized trailers towed by a vehicle. If they are damaged or cause damages in an accident this policy will cover the costs.
What benefits does Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance offer?
Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- 24/7 Phone Availability: Customer service is staffed around the clock.
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
What discounts can you ask for when applying for a policy with Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance?
When you ask for a quote with Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance, make sure you ask for all the discounts you qualify for. These are the discounts currently available.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums.
Want more discounts? Check the discounts tab for a full list of general policy discounts you can qualify for with Auto-Owners Motorcycle & ATV Insurance.
Other Services by Auto-Owners Insurance
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
|Vehicle and Equipment Discounts||
|Financial Strength Rating||A+|