Metro Credit Union Visa Secured Review
This is a
secured credit card
issued by Metro Credit Union.
If you're wondering whether Metro Credit Union Visa Secured is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 1% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Secured card. This card requires a refundable deposit before you qualify for a line of credit. These cards are often used to improve the credit of people with poor credit or little credit history.
- Poor credit accepted. This card will consider people who have bad credit. Even if you have poor credit, you may still have good approval odds.
Pros & Cons of Metro Credit Union Visa Secured
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit.
- Metro Credit Union Visa Secured reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
Metro Credit Union Visa Secured FAQ
Does Metro Credit Union Visa Secured have a cash back or rewards program?
No, it does not offer a rewards program.
What are the Metro Credit Union Visa Secured benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Metro Credit Union Visa Secured?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 18% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does Metro Credit Union Visa Secured have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does Metro Credit Union Visa Secured have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for Metro Credit Union Visa Secured?
The following fees apply:
Metro Credit Union Visa Secured Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $25
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $10
Does Metro Credit Union Visa Secured have a foreign transaction fee?
Metro Credit Union Visa Secured charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $20. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for Metro Credit Union Visa Secured?
The Metro Credit Union Visa Secured customer service number is (877) 696-3876.
Does Metro Credit Union Visa Secured report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Metro Credit Union Visa Secured reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Metro Credit Union Visa Secured
- Visit the Metro Credit Union Visa Secured website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.