BB&T eSavings Account Review
BB&T eSavings Account is offered by BB&T,
founded in 1872 and based in Winston Salem, NC.
BB&T eSavings Account is offered in
15 states (and Washington, DC).
Are savings accounts from BB&T federally insured?
Yes, your BB&T savings accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The FDIC is an independent agency of the United States government that protects you against the loss of your insured deposits if an FDIC-insured bank or savings association fails. FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
What APY does BB&T offer?
BB&T eSavings Account offers an APY of 0.03% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change).
What features and perks does BB&T eSavings Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
BB&T eSavings Account Features
|Bank Account Features -->
- Automatic Savings
- Bauer Financial A+/A Rating
- Branch Access
- Fraud Monitoring
- Free Bill Pay
- Interest Bearing Account
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Nationwide ATM Network
- No ATM Fees
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee
- Automatic savings - Set up an automatic transfer from your checking account to a savings account and you'll never have to second-guess your saving decisions again.
- Fraud monitoring - BB&T eSavings Account monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity, such as when a debit card is unexpectedly used in a different location or you make a sudden string of costly purchases.
- Free Bill Pay - Bill Pay allows you to receive ebills directly to your account and pay them easily from your account.
- Nationwide ATM network - Withdraw money and check your balance from wherever you are.
What fees does BB&T eSavings Account charge?
BB&T eSavings Account does not charge a monthly maintenance fee. See the fee breakdown section below to view all fees.
However, you can waive the monthly fee if you have a minimum daily balance of $25. Avoid the monthly fee by setting up a direct deposit of at least $25.
- Outgoing domestic bank transfers come with a $30 fee.
- Outoing international bank transfers come with a $65 fee. You can save a ton of money in fees if you use use a nonbank money transfer service.
- BB&T eSavings Account charges $3 every time you request a paper statement.
SUPERMONEY Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.