Patriot Federal Credit Union Continuous Saver CD AccountUnaffiliated
Not enough votes for recommendation
Would you recommend Patriot Federal Credit Union Continuous Saver CD Account to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)||
1.90% - 2.95%
|Minimum Opening Deposit||Starting at $25|
Patriot Federal Credit Union Continuous Saver CD Account Review
Patriot Federal Credit Union Continuous Saver CD Account are offered by patriot federal credit union, a credit union founded in 1965 and based in Chambersburg, PA. patriot federal credit union are available in 50 states (and Washington, DC).
- Only one share certificate type available. patriot federal credit union only offers IRA share certificate accounts.
- Very high annual percentage yield (APY). This account offers an annual percentage yield of up to 2.95%, which is much higher than the national average for a certificate account.
- Small minimum initial deposit. You only need $25 to open an account.
- Limited selection of share certificate terms. patriot federal credit union only offers two share certificate terms. This limits your options when trying to set up a certificate ladder.
Pros & Cons of Patriot Federal Credit Union Continuous Saver CD Account
Patriot Federal Credit Union Continuous Saver CD Account FAQ
Are share certificates from patriot federal credit union federally insured?
Yes, your share certificates are insured up to $250,000 per share owner for each account ownership category. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a federal agency, administers the insurance fund and regulates federally insured credit unions. The fund is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.
What is the difference between CDs and Share Certificates?
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) and Share Certificates are both deposit accounts where your money can grow at a fixed rate for a predetermined period of time. Both are low-risk and federally insured products designed to give you a better rate on your deposits than typical savings accounts. The main difference between them is that CDs are offered by for-profit banks, whereas Share Certificates are offered by member-owned, not-for-profit credit unions.
What types of share certificates does Patriot Federal Credit Union offer?patriot federal credit union provides the following types of share certificates.
- Traditional share certificates. These share certificates pay a fixed interest rate if you deposit a fixed amount of money for a specific term. Once the maturity date arrives, you have the option of cashing out or automatically renewing the share certificate for another term.
- IRA share certificates. An IRA share certificate is a type of IRA that consists entirely of share certificates. In general, you can invest in share certificates in any IRA, but patriot federal credit union offers a share certificate that is specifically for retirement.
What rates does Patriot Federal Credit Union offer on its share certificates?
patriot federal credit union offers an APY starting at 1.90% and ranging up to 2.95%. APY stands for annual percentage yield and shows the interest rate paid by the share certificate after taking into account compounding. This is higher than the typical interest rate for online-only checking accounts, which is around 1% APY.
What terms does patriot federal credit union offer?Patriot Federal Credit Union offers share certificate terms of the following lengths:
|APY (Annual Percentage Yield)||1.90% - 2.95%|
|2-Year APY||1.90% - 2.20%|
|5-Year APY||2.65% - 2.95%|
What is the minimum deposit to open a share certificate account with Patriot Federal Credit Union?
patriot federal credit union require a minimum deposit of $25 to open an account.
What is the grace period for patriot federal credit union?
patriot federal credit union does not specify what their grace period is. A grace period is a period of time during which you can withdraw the money in your share certificate without paying an early withdrawal penalty. A grace period starts the day after a share certificate’s maturity date, or the final day a share certificate is opened. Standard share certificates renew automatically at the same term if you don't withdraw your money after the grace period. Note that the new share certificate rates probably won’t be the same as the original.
What types of fees, such as early withdrawal penalties, does Patriot Federal Credit Union charge?
Financial institutions don't typically charge many fees on share certificates. However, most charge a fee if you choose to withdraw your money before the term ends.
Patriot Federal Credit Union does not charge an early withdrawal fee.
Other Services by Patriot Federal Credit Union
Other CD Accounts by Patriot Federal Credit Union
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia