|% of Debt Fee||15% - 25%|
|Minimum Debt Owed||$10,000|
Debt.com is a debt settlement company based in , . It offers debt relief services to borrowers in 19 states (and Washington, DC). Debt.com was founded in 2013. It is an established company that has been in business for 10 years.
- Minimum debt balance of $10,000. Debt.com only considers clients who have at least $10,000 in debt. This is a typical requirement for most debt settlement companies.
- Performance-based fees. Debt.com bases its fees on how much you save when a settlement is accepted and not on the total debt enrolled like most debt settlement firms do.
- Not accredited by the AFCC or the IAPDA. Debt.com is not a member of the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC), which is the major trade association for the debt settlement industry. Furthermore, it does not invest in the accreditation of its debt resolution specialists by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA) either.
- Established company. Debt.com has been in business for 10 years.
- Types of debt settled. Debt.com will only settle unsecured debts. These include credit card accounts, personal loans, and payday loans.
- Only available in some states. Debt.com is only available in 19 states.
- Does not service its own debt relief cases. Debt.com uses a third-party company to service debt settlement accounts.
- Customer service availability. Debt.com Users can track the progress of their settlement accounts at any time by logging onto their online account.
Debt.com Pros & Cons
What does Debt.com do?
Debt.com offers debt relief services for the following types of debt:
- Unsecured debt, such as credit card debt, medical debt, and personal loans.
What does Debt.com charge?
Debt.com charges fees that range from 15% of the enrolled debt up to 25% of the enrolled debt, depending on the amount of enrolled debt provided.
Debt relief service pricing / costs can vary greatly from one client to another so it's best to speak to Debt.com directly to determine an accurate quote.
Does Debt.com offer a guarantee?No, Debt.com does not have a money back guarantee. Some debt settlement companies advertise a money-back guarantee that typically states you won't be charged until your debt is settled. However, it is illegal for debt settlement companies to charge upfront fees before an account is settled. So these guarantees offer little added value to consumers.
What is the minimum debt Debt.com will consider?Debt.com will only consider customers with unsecured debt of $10,000 or more. Customers with less than $10,000 of unsecured debt may benefit from a debt consolidation loan or credit counseling services.
Does Debt.com perform its own servicing in-house?
No, Debt.com partners with third party service providers who negotiate on behalf of the clients they enroll.
What accreditations does Debt.com have?
The two main trade associations in the debt relief services space are the American Fair Credit Council (AFCC) and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators (IAPDA).
- Debt.com is not an accredited AFCC member.
- Debt.com is not an IAPDA member.
Is Debt.com a legit company?
Debt.com was founded in 2013, it is a well-established company that has been in business for 10 years.
Unfortunately, we don't have sufficient community reviews to provide a reliable rating of their user experience and customer service.
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, DC