Tyndall Money Market Account Review
Tyndall Money Market Account is offered by Tyndall,
a credit union
founded in 1956 and based in Panama City, FL.
Tyndall Money Market Account is available in
2 states across the USA.
- Low APY. The maximum annual percentage yield for this account is only 0.05.
- Charges a monthly fee. This account charges a monthly service fee of up to $10, but the fee is waived if you keep a minimum balance of $2,500.
- $1,000 minimum deposit. This is a typical minimum initial deposit, but there are accounts that require a smaller initial deposit.
Pros & Cons of Tyndall Money Market Account
- Does not offer mobile check deposits.
- Deposits are insured by the NCUA (up to $250K).
- Access to physical branches.
- No charge on incoming domestic or international wire transfers.
- No signup bonus.
- Does not provide a debit card or ATM access to your money.
- Not FDIC-insured.
- Only available in 2 states.
- Monthly service charge.
Tyndall Money Market Account FAQ
Are money market accounts from Tyndall federally insured?
No, your Tyndall money market accounts are not insured by a federal insurance agency. This means that if Tyndall were to fall into financial difficulties, your deposits are not covered by a government backed insurance fund like the FDIC or NCUSIF.
What are the interest rates for Tyndall Money Market Account rates?
Tyndall Money Market Account offers an APY starting at 0% and ranging up to 0.05% (APY stands for annual percentage yield, rates may change). However, to earn interest you must keep a minimum balance of $1000.
Tyndall Money Market Account Rates and Terms
|APY (Annualized Percentage Yield)
||0% - 0.05%
What are the fees for Tyndall Money Market Account?
This account charges a monthly maintenance fee of up to $10.
You can avoid this fee by maintaining a balance of $2,500.
Tyndall Money Market Account Fees
||up to $10
|Paper Statement Fee
What is the minimum balance for Tyndall Money Market Account?
Minimum deposit of $1,000. You must make an initial deposit of at least $1,000 to open this account.
Monthly maintenance fee waiver. You can avoid the monthly fee if you keep a balance of $2,500.
Interest rate minimum balance of $1,000. You must keep the account balance above $1,000 to earn interest.
What features and perks does Tyndall Money Market Account offer?
This account includes the following features:
- Check Writing - Tyndall Money Market Account includes check writing privileges. This is convenient method to pay bills and transfer money from your account.
- Fraud monitoring - Tyndall monitors transactions for potentially fraudulent activity.
- Mobile Banking Services - Tyndall Money Market Account allows you to manage your money through online banking and a dedicated mobile app.
How to open an account with Tyndall
- Visit the Tyndall website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your name, Social Security Number and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.