BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® Review
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® is a
secured credit card
issued by BBVA.
If you're wondering whether BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Secured card. This card requires a refundable deposit before you qualify for a line of credit. These cards are often used to improve the credit of people with poor credit or little credit history.
- Poor credit accepted. This card will consider people who have bad credit. Even if you have poor credit, you may still have good approval odds.
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® Pros & Cons
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit.
- BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Higher than average purchase APRs.
- Charges an annual fee of $40
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® FAQ
Is there a BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® cash back or rewards program?
No, BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® does not offer a rewards program.
What are the BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® benefits?
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® provides the following benefits:
- Zero fraud liability
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for BBVA Optimizer Credit Card®?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average interest rate is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® has higher than average purchase APRs.
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® have an introductory APR offer on balance transfers?
No, BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® does not come with an introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Does BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® have an introductory APR offer on new purchases?
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for BBVA Optimizer Credit Card®?
The following fees apply to BBVA Optimizer Credit Card®:
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $20
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $37
Does BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® have a foreign transaction fee?
BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.
Does BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for BBVA Optimizer Credit Card®
- Visit the BBVA Optimizer Credit Card® website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.