Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
If you're wondering whether Capital One Savor card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Generous reward rate. You will get a
cashback rewards rate of up to 4%.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of $300 if you spend $3000 within 3 months.
- Competitive APRs. Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card has a
that ranges from
up to 24.99%.
- Annual fee waived the first year. Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card gives you the chance to have the card for a year without paying the $95 annual fee.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
- No foreign transaction fee. This card does not charge a fee when you make a purchase that passes through a foreign bank, or is in a currency other than the U.S. dollar (USD), which makes it a great credit card to carry when traveling abroad.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as rental insurance, access to a concierge, emergency support, extended warranty protection on purchases,
price protection, travel accident insurance, travel assistance, and fraud protection.
- Very good credit required. Applicants will typically need a credit score of at least 750 to have good approval odds.
Pros & Cons of Capital One Savor card
- The partnership with Capital One allows Savor cardholders to earn 8% cash back on all Vivid Seats ticket purchases through May 31, 2020.
- When you pay for a monthly Postmates Unlimited membership using your Savor card, you'll receive a monthly statement credit of $9.99 through December 2019.
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn.
- Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more.
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- Annual fee waived during the first year.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Offers auto rental collision damage waiver.
- Access to a concierge.
- Extended warranty and price protection on purchases.
- Free access to your credit score.
- Travel accident and travel assistance insurance.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Although there is no annual fee in the first year, there is annual fee of $95 to consider in the second year
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Charges an annual fee of $95
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
Capital One Savor card FAQ
Does Capital One Savor card have a cash back or rewards program?
This is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards.
You will receive 1% cash back on travel, dining, groceries, drugstore purchases, or any other purchase. For example, if you buy a $1,000 laptop, you will receive $10 back in cash.
However, you can earn up to 4% for purchases in a bonus category.
Capital One Savor card Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus ($)
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
|Signup Bonus Spend Period (months)
Does Capital One Savor card have a signup bonus?
Yes, it offers card users a signup bonus worth up to $300 after spending $3000.
Does Capital One Savor card offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the Capital One Savor card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Free Credit Score
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Emergency Support
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Zero fraud liability
- Price Protection
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Capital One Savor card?
This is a charge card and therefore doesn't have a regular APR or interest charges. You must pay your balance in full every month.
What are the fees for Capital One Savor card?
The following fees apply:
Capital One Savor card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $39
Does Capital One Savor card have a foreign transaction fee?
This card does not charge foreign transaction fees. If you are a frequent traveler, avoiding foreign transaction fees can save you hundreds of dollars in fees when you travel out of the country.
Does Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Capital One Savor card
- Visit the Capital One Savor card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card Disclosure:
Balance transfer: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you. None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.