Chase Sapphire Preferred®Claimed
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE
Recommendation score measures the loyalty between a provider and a consumer. It's at +100 if everybody recommends the provider, and at -100 when no one recommends.
Explore a similar productTry this top product in Credit Cards.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Review
This is a rewards credit card issued by Chase Bank. If you're wondering whether Chase Sapphire Preferred® is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of 60000 points after spending $4,000 within 3 months that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a variable purchase APR that ranges from 18.24% up to 25.24%.
- 5% Balance transfer fee. Chase Sapphire Preferred® charges a fee of 5% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $50 in transfer fees. The minimum fee is $5.
- No foreign transaction fee. This card does not charge a fee when you make a purchase that passes through a foreign bank, or is in a currency other than the U.S. dollar (USD), which makes it a great credit card to carry when traveling abroad.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as rental insurance, emergency support, extended warranty protection on purchases, identity theft protection, purchase protection, travel accident insurance, travel assistance, trip cancellation insurance, and fraud protection.
- Good or better credit required. You will have low approval odds if your credit score is below 700.
Pros & Cons of Chase Sapphire Preferred®
|The Good||The Bad|
Chase Sapphire Preferred® FAQ
Does Chase Sapphire Preferred® have a cash back or rewards program?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® is a travel rewards card.
|Minimum rewards rate||1x|
|Max rewards rate||2x|
|Annual rewards limit||N/A|
|Signup Bonus (Points/Miles)||60000|
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement||$4000|
|Signup Bonus Spend Period (months)||3 months|
Does Chase Sapphire Preferred® have a signup bonus?This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus. However, it does include a 60000 points signup bonus after spending $4000 that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
Does Chase Sapphire Preferred® offer an annual loyalty bonus?This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the Chase Sapphire Preferred® benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Free Credit Score
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Emergency Support
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel Accident Insurance
- No blackout dates when redeeming miles
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Chase Sapphire Preferred®?According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance. This card has higher than average regular APRs.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® has a variable purchase APR that ranges from 18.24% up to 25.24%. The card has a variable balance transfer APR that ranges from 18.24% up to 25.24%. It also has a variable cash advance APR of 27.24% . Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 29.99% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does Chase Sapphire Preferred® have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does Chase Sapphire Preferred® have an intro APR offer on new purchases?This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for Chase Sapphire Preferred®?
The following fees apply:
|Foreign Transaction Fee||0%|
|Returned Payment Fee||up to $40|
|Late Payment Fee||up to $40|
Does Chase Sapphire Preferred® have a foreign transaction fee?This card does not charge foreign transaction fees. If you are a frequent traveler, avoiding foreign transaction fees can save you hundreds of dollars in fees when you travel out of the country.
What is the customer service phone number for Chase Sapphire Preferred®?
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® customer service number is (877) 242-7372.
What is the support contact email for Chase Sapphire Preferred®?
The support contact email for Chase Sapphire Preferred® is firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Chase Sapphire Preferred® login page?
You can access the Chase Sapphire Preferred® login page here.
How do people rate the customer service and user experience of Chase Sapphire Preferred®?
Overall, Chase Sapphire Preferred® is strongly recommended based on community reviews that rate customer service and user experience.
Does Chase Sapphire Preferred® report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Chase Sapphire Preferred® reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred®
- Visit the Chase Sapphire Preferred® website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
Other Services by Chase Bank
Chase Ink Bold Business Card
Chase Ink Classic Business Credit Card
Chase Ink Business Plus Card
United Explorer Business Card
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business
Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card
Chase Bank USA United Business Credit Card
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
Chase Ink Business Cash
Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card
- Washington, DC
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Cash Advance Fee Minimum||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee (%)||Up to 5%|
|Minimum Cash Advance Fee ($)||Starting at $10|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee||0%|
|No Foreign Transaction Fee|
|No Interest Grace Period for Late Payment||21 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $40|
|Late Fee Amount||Up to $40|
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Immigration Status Considered||
|Credit Score Range||700 - 850|
|Credit Bureau Reporting||
|Credit Card Benefits||
|No Reward Expiration Period|
|No Blackout Dates|
|Signup Bonus (points)||60,000|
|Cash Advance APR (Variable APR)||27.24%|
|Balance Computation||daily balance method (including new transactions).|
|Penalty APR (Variable APR)||29.99%|
|Purchase APR (Variable APR)||18.24% - 25.24%|
|Balance Transfer APR (Variable APR)||18.24% - 25.24%|
|Balance Transfer Fee Minimum||$5|
|Balance Transfer Fee %||5%|
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Community Reviews
Would you recommend Chase Sapphire Preferred® to your friends?
SUPERMONEY NET RECOMMENDATION SCORE