Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa Review
This is a
secured credit card
issued by Excite Credit Union.
If you're wondering whether Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3.00% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Secured card. This card requires a refundable deposit before you qualify for a line of credit. These cards are often used to improve the credit of people with poor credit or little credit history.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as rental insurance,
identity theft protection, travel accident insurance, travel assistance, and fraud protection.
- Good or better credit required. You will have low approval odds if your credit score is below 700.
Pros & Cons of Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa
- Lower than average purchase APRs.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Offers auto rental collision damage waiver.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Travel accident and travel assistance insurance.
- Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3.00%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa FAQ
Does Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa have a cash back or rewards program?
No, it does not offer a rewards program.
What are the Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has lower than average regular APRs.
It has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 17.49% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa?
The following fees apply:
Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $25
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $10
Does Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa have a foreign transaction fee?
Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa charges a foreign transaction fee of 3.00%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa?
The Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa customer service number is (800) 232-8669.
What is the support contact email for Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa?
The support contact email for Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa
- Visit the Excite Credit Union Visa Secured Visa website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.