Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card Review
This is a
secured credit card
issued by Jax Federal Credit Union.
If you're wondering whether Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance card. It gives you the benefits of a credit card, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 2% Balance transfer fee. Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card charges a fee of 2% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $20 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $10.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 1% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Secured card. This card requires a refundable deposit before you qualify for a line of credit. These cards are often used to improve the credit of people with poor credit or little credit history.
- Poor credit accepted. This card will consider people who have bad credit. Even if you have poor credit, you may still have relatively good approval odds.
Pros & Cons of Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card
- No annual fee.
- Travel assistance insurance
- Considers applicants with fair or poor credit.
- Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Does not offer rewards or cash back.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
- Charges a 2% balance transfer fee.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card FAQ
Does Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card have a cash back or rewards program?
No, it does not offer a rewards program.
What are the Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card?
It has a fixed purchase APR of up to 13.90%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR of up to 13.90%.
The card has a
cash advance APR of up to 13.90%.
Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 18% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card?
The following fees apply:
- There is no overlimit fee
Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $25
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $25
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost card.
Does Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card have a foreign transaction fee?
Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $20. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the support contact email for Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card?
The support contact email for Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card is firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do people rate the customer service and user experience of Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card?
We currently don't have sufficient reviews to provide a reliable SuperMoney community rating for this product.
Does Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card
- Visit the Jax FCU Secured Visa Credit Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.