Milestone Gold MastercardClaimed
Strongly not recommended
Would you recommend Milestone Gold Mastercard to your friends?
Thanks for your vote!
You voted: May or may not recommend
Milestone Gold Mastercard Review
Milestone Gold Mastercard is a credit card issued by Genesis FS Card Services. If you're wondering whether Milestone Gold Mastercard is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a variable purchase APR of 24.9%
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 1% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Accepts cosigners. Genesis FS Card Services is one of the few credit card issuers that allows applicants to include a cosigner. Adding a cosigner can really improve your approval chances if your credit is not great.
- Poor credit accepted. This card will consider people who have bad credit. Even if you have poor credit, you may still qualify.
Milestone Gold Mastercard Pros and Cons:
|The Good||The Bad|
Is there a Milestone Gold Mastercard cash back or rewards program?
No, Milestone Gold Mastercard does not offer a rewards program.
What are the Milestone Gold Mastercard benefits?
Milestone Gold Mastercard provides the following benefits:
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Zero fraud liability
- Price Protection
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Milestone Gold Mastercard?According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average interest rate is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance. Milestone Gold Mastercard has higher than average purchase APRs.
Milestone Gold Mastercard has a variable purchase APR of 24.9%. It also has a variable cash advance APR of 29.9% . Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 29.9% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does Milestone Gold Mastercard have an introductory APR offer on balance transfers?No, Milestone Gold Mastercard does not come with an introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Does Milestone Gold Mastercard have an introductory APR offer on new purchases?Milestone Gold Mastercard does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
|Purchase Intro APR Period (months)||N/A|
What are the fees for Milestone Gold Mastercard?
The following fees apply to Milestone Gold Mastercard:
- An overlimit fee of $40.
|Initial Program Fee||$25|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||1%|
|Returned Payment Fee||up to $40|
|Late Payment Fee||up to $40|
Does Milestone Gold Mastercard have a foreign transaction fee?Milestone Gold Mastercard charges a foreign transaction fee of 1%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $20. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.
Does Milestone Gold Mastercard report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Milestone Gold Mastercard reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and can help improve your credit score.
How to apply for Milestone Gold Mastercard
- Visit the Milestone Gold Mastercard website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
- If you're denied click here to find out why your application may have been rejected and what you can do about it.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
- Washington, DC
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
|Initial Program Fee||$25|
|No Interest Grace Period for Late Payment||25 days|
|Paper Statement Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee Minimum||$5|
|Cash Advance Fee (%)||Up to 5%|
|Minimum Cash Advance Fee ($)||Starting at $5|
|Foreign Currency Transaction Fee||1%|
|Minimum Interest Charge||$0.50|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $40|
|Late Fee Amount||Up to $40|
|Supported Income Types||
|Employment Statuses Considered||
|Immigration Status Considered||
|Credit Score Range||
550 - 650
|Card Type||Bad Credit|
|Credit Bureau Reporting||
|Car Rental Insurance|
|Credit Card Benefits||
|Rewards Type||No Rewards|
|Cash Advance APR (Variable APR)||29.9%|
|Balance Computation||Average Daily Balance of Purchases (including new Purchases).|
|Penalty APR (Variable APR)||29.9%|
|Purchase APR (Variable APR)||24.9%|
Milestone Gold Mastercard Community Reviews
Genesis FS Card Services Personal Credit Cards
Balance Transfer APR
Credit Score Range