Modell's MVP Visa Review
Modell's MVP Visa is a
issued by Comenity.
If you're wondering whether Modell's MVP Visa is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a
that ranges from
up to 26.24%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance rewards card. It gives you rewards on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 5% Balance transfer fee. Modell's MVP Visa charges a fee of up to 5% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost up to $50 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $10.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Fair or better credit required. You stand a chance of qualifying if your credit score is not below 640.
Modell's MVP Visa Pros & Cons
- Monthly discount coupons.
- Birthday coupon
- If an applicant does not currently qualify for the Modell's Visa card, they may qualify for the Modell's store card. The store card allows for a lower credit score, and with responsible use, can build the cardholder's credit.
- No annual fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on purchases everywhere Modell's MVP Visa is accepted.
- Modell's MVP Visa reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Slow earnings on points.
- High interest rates.
- Higher than average purchase APRs.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- Rewards bonus rate of only 1% on every eligible purchase. Terms apply*.
- Charges a 5% balance transfer fee.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
Modell's MVP Visa FAQ
Is there a Modell's MVP Visa cash back or rewards program?
Modell's MVP Visa offers a rewards program to its customers.
Modell's MVP Visa Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
Does Modell's MVP Visa have a signup bonus?
Modell's MVP Visa doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does Modell's MVP Visa offer an annual loyalty bonus?
Modell's MVP Visa doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the Modell's MVP Visa benefits?
Modell's MVP Visa provides the following benefits:
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Modell's MVP Visa?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average interest rate is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
Modell's MVP Visa has higher than average purchase APRs.
Modell's MVP Visa has a
that ranges from
up to 26.24%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
The good news is this card does not charge a penalty APR if you are late on a payment.
Does Modell's MVP Visa have an introductory APR offer on balance transfers?
No, Modell's MVP Visa does not come with an introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Does Modell's MVP Visa have an introductory APR offer on new purchases?
Modell's MVP Visa does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
Modell's MVP Visa Purchase Intro Offer
|Purchase Intro APR Period (months)
What are the fees for Modell's MVP Visa?
The following fees apply to Modell's MVP Visa:
Modell's MVP Visa Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $39
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $39
Does Modell's MVP Visa have a foreign transaction fee?
Modell's MVP Visa charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.
Does Modell's MVP Visa report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Modell's MVP Visa reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Modell's MVP Visa
- Visit the Modell's MVP Visa website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.