PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature® Card Review
This is a
issued by PenFed Credit Union.
If you're wondering whether PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- Generous reward rate. You will get a
rewards rate of up to 4x.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate. Offers an introductory 0% APR rate on balance transfers
for up to 12 months, which is the average period for 0% APR balance transfer cards.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of 50000 points after spending $3,000 within 3 months that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
- Competitive APRs. PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature® Card has a
that ranges from
up to 17.99%.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature® Card charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
- No foreign transaction fee. This card does not charge a fee when you make a purchase that passes through a foreign bank, or is in a currency other than the U.S. dollar (USD), which makes it a great credit card to carry when traveling abroad.
- Airport Lounge Access. Benefits like airport lounge access can add luxury to your travel experience.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as airline credit, access to a concierge, emergency support,
identity theft protection, purchase protection, travel accident insurance, travel assistance, and fraud protection.
- Good or better credit required. You will have low approval odds if your credit score is below 700.
Pros & Cons of PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card
- Complimentary Priority Pass Airport Lounge Annual Membership.
- $100 Global Entry or $85 TSA Pre-check statement credit.
- $100 ANNUAL domestic air ancillary travel statement credit.
- Potentially lower than average purchase APRs.
- 0% APR balance transfer intro rate on balance transfers for up to 12 months.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Airline Credit.
- Access to a concierge.
- Global Entry/TSA Pre✓®.
- Identity Theft Protection.
- Travel accident and travel assistance insurance.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature® Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Charges an annual fee of $95
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card FAQ
Does PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card have a cash back or rewards program?
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card is a travel rewards card.
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card Rewards
|Minimum rewards rate
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus (Points/Miles)
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
|Signup Bonus Spend Period (months)
Does PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus. However, it does include a 50000 points signup bonus after spending $3000 that can be redeemed for travel, gifts, or other perks.
Does PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Emergency Support
- Zero fraud liability
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
This card has lower than average regular APRs.
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature® Card has a
that ranges from
up to 17.99%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR
It also has a
cash advance APR
Note that late payments are subject to an APR of 17.99% if you are late or miss your payments. Typically, the penalty APR applies for a minimum of six months but can go on indefinitely.
Does PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
Yes, it offers an intro APR rate on balance transfers of 0%
for a period of up to 12 months.
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature® Card Balance Transfers
|Balance Transfer Introductory APR
|Balance Transfer Intro APR Period
|Balance Transfer APR
|Balance Transfer Fee %
Does PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
This card does not offer an intro APR rate on new purchases.
What are the fees for PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card?
The following fees apply:
- There is no overlimit fee
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $25
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $28
Does PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card have a foreign transaction fee?
This card does not charge foreign transaction fees. If you are a frequent traveler, avoiding foreign transaction fees can save you hundreds of dollars in fees when you travel out of the country.
What is the customer service phone number for PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card?
The PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card customer service number is .
What is the support contact email for PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card?
The support contact email for PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card is firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do people rate the customer service and user experience of PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card?
We currently don't have sufficient reviews to provide a reliable SuperMoney community rating for this product.
Does PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature® Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature® Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card
- Visit the PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.