Sportsman's Guide Visa Review
Sportsman's Guide Visa is a
issued by Comenity.
If you're wondering whether Sportsman's Guide Visa is the right card for you, read on. This is everything you need to know to make a good choice.
- Signup bonus. Offers a signup bonus of $40 if you spend $500.
- High APRs. This is not a great card for people who carry a balance. It has a
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance rewards card. It gives you rewards on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. Sportsman's Guide Visa charges a fee of up to 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost up to $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $10.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Good or better credit required. You should probably try with another card if your credit score is below 700.
Sportsman's Guide Visa Pros & Cons
- 2.5% discount on all merchandise
- No annual fee
- No annual fee.
- Free access to your credit score.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on their purchases.
- Sportsman's Guide Visa reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- Must just the Sportsman's Guide Buyer's Club for $39.99 per year in order to qualify for card related discounts.
- Higher than average purchase APRs.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- You don't earn rewards on every purchase.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
- Does not include many credit card benefits.
Sportsman's Guide Visa FAQ
Is there a Sportsman's Guide Visa cash back or rewards program?
Sportsman's Guide Visa offers a rewards program to its customers.
Sportsman's Guide Visa Rewards
|Rewards rate (all purchases)
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
|Signup Bonus ($)
|Signup Bonus Spend Requirement
Does Sportsman's Guide Visa have a signup bonus?
Yes, Sportsman's Guide Visa offers card users a signup bonus worth up to $40 after spending $500.
Does Sportsman's Guide Visa offer an annual loyalty bonus?
Sportsman's Guide Visa doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the Sportsman's Guide Visa benefits?
Sportsman's Guide Visa provides the following benefits:
- Free Credit Score
- Zero fraud liability
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for Sportsman's Guide Visa?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average interest rate is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
Sportsman's Guide Visa has higher than average purchase APRs.
Sportsman's Guide Visa has a
The card has a
balance transfer APR of up to 27.24%.
It also has a
cash advance APR
Does Sportsman's Guide Visa have an introductory APR offer on balance transfers?
No, Sportsman's Guide Visa does not come with an introductory APR offer for balance transfers.
Does Sportsman's Guide Visa have an introductory APR offer on new purchases?
Sportsman's Guide Visa does not offer an introductory rate on new purchases.
Sportsman's Guide Visa Purchase Intro Offer
What are the fees for Sportsman's Guide Visa?
The following fees apply to Sportsman's Guide Visa:
Sportsman's Guide Visa Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
|Late Payment Fee
Does Sportsman's Guide Visa have a foreign transaction fee?
Sportsman's Guide Visa charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee.
Does Sportsman's Guide Visa report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, Sportsman's Guide Visa reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for Sportsman's Guide Visa
- Visit the Sportsman's Guide Visa website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.