True Value Discover Credit Card Review
This is a
cashback credit card
issued by Comenity.
If you're wondering whether True Value Discover Credit Card is the right card for you, read on. This review will provide you with with all the details you need to make a good choice.
- 0% APR on new purchases. New cardholders receive an introductory 0% APR rate on new purchases for up to 6 months.
- Competitive APRs. True Value Discover Credit Card has a
that ranges from
up to 28.24%.
- No annual fee*. This is a great option for people looking for a low-maintenance cashback card. It gives you cashback on your purchases, but you don't have to pay an annual fee for the privilege.
- 3% Balance transfer fee. True Value Discover Credit Card charges a fee of 3% on balance transfers. For example, a balance of $1,000 could cost $30 in transfer fees.
The minimum fee is $10.
- Charges foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card when traveling abroad because it charges a commission of 3% every time you make a transaction outside the U.S.
- Multiple credit card benefits. Includes generous credit card perks, such as extended warranty protection on purchases,
price protection, purchase protection, and fraud protection.
- Good or better credit required. You will have low approval odds if your credit score is below 700.
Pros & Cons of True Value Discover Credit Card
- No interest if paid in full within 6 months on purchases made at participating True Value locations.
- Discover card benefits
- Rewards points on purchases anywhere Discover card is accepted.
- 0% APR on new purchases during the first 6 months.
- No annual fee.
- Multiple credit card perks.
- Extended warranty and price protection on purchases.
- Free access to your credit score.
- Cardholders can earn rewards on purchases everywhere True Value Discover Credit Card is accepted.
- True Value Discover Credit Card reports to multiple credit bureaus.
- For 6 month no interest offer: Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the promotional period or if you make a late payment
- Minimum purchase of $299 required to benefit from promotional financing offer.
- Requires good to excellent credit.
- Does not offer a signup bonus.
- Charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%.
- Charges a 3% balance transfer fee.
True Value Discover Credit Card FAQ
Does True Value Discover Credit Card have a cash back or rewards program?
This is a cashback card. This means you earn a percentage of your purchases as cash back rewards.
True Value Discover Credit Card Rewards
|Rewards rate (all purchases)
|Max rewards rate
|Annual rewards limit
Does True Value Discover Credit Card have a signup bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash signup bonus.
Does True Value Discover Credit Card offer an annual loyalty bonus?
This card doesn't offer a cash loyalty bonus.
What are the True Value Discover Credit Card benefits?
It provides the following benefits:
- Free Credit Score
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Zero fraud liability
- Price Protection
- Reports to major credit bureaus
What are the relevant APRs for True Value Discover Credit Card?
According to the Federal Reserve Board, the average regular APR is 15% for all credit cards and 17% for accounts that carry a balance.
It has a
that ranges from
up to 28.24%.
The card has a
balance transfer APR of up to 28.24%.
The card has a
cash advance APR of up to 28.24%.
Does True Value Discover Credit Card have an intro APR offer on balance transfers?
No, it does not come with an intro APR offer for balance transfers.
Does True Value Discover Credit Card have an intro APR offer on new purchases?
True Value Discover Credit Card Purchase Intro Offer
|Purchase Intro APR Period
This card does offer an intro APR rate of 0% on qualified purchases
for a period of up to 6 months.
What are the fees for True Value Discover Credit Card?
The following fees apply:
True Value Discover Credit Card Fees
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Returned Payment Fee
||up to $38
|Late Payment Fee
||up to $38
This card does not charge an annual fee, which makes it a smart choice for consumers looking for a low-cost cashback card.
Does True Value Discover Credit Card have a foreign transaction fee?
True Value Discover Credit Card charges a foreign transaction fee of 3%. For example, if you spend $2,000 on a week vacation abroad you would pay a foreign transaction fee of $60. If you travel abroad you may want to leave this card at home and apply for one that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.
What is the customer service phone number for True Value Discover Credit Card?
The True Value Discover Credit Card customer service number is (855) 796-9632.
What is the support contact email for True Value Discover Credit Card?
The support contact email for True Value Discover Credit Card is email@example.com.
Does True Value Discover Credit Card report your account activity to credit bureaus?
Yes, True Value Discover Credit Card reports your account activity to the following credit reporting agencies:
Making regular on-time payments to a creditor that reports to one or more credit bureaus will demonstrate your financial responsibility and may help improve your credit.
How to apply for True Value Discover Credit Card
- Visit the True Value Discover Credit Card website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
If your credit score is preventing you from qualifying for this credit card, check out our guide for the best credit cards for bad credit.
SuperMoney Disclosure: SuperMoney.com is an independent, advertising-supported service. The owner of this website
may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking
on links posted on this website.
Editorial Disclaimer: Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone and have not been approved or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution, including those that are advertising partners.